Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 12:01 PM

838 posts, read 565,590 times

Advertisements

So ever-since i was 15-16 i had always struggled with my teeth, I'm 23 now and i have about 3 missing molars and 2 other teeth w/ cavities despite me keeping good dental hygiene (weak tooth enamel & weak tooths run in the family). For approximately 5 months now i've been considering traveling overseas to get some dental work done (either Philippines/Mexico or Japan) since i've managed to find dentists whom will perform the work for up to 80% cheaper than in the US, i'm mainly looking to get dental implants and later on 'Veneers'.

Have any of you guys had any work done overseas? If so, how was your experience?
Is there anything i should specifically lookout for when i'm selecting the right clinic/dentist?
Lastly if anyone is experienced with dental implants, how long do they generally take to insert & heal? (before mollar cap is added)

Your help & advice are appreciated guys, Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 12:05 PM

129 posts, read 304,157 times
there should be enough threads in this forum to answer all of your questions. as well as google.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRunner View Post
there should be enough threads in this forum to answer all of your questions. as well as google.
I'm more than capable of searching through Good Ole' Google, Thus far none of the threads in this section have helped me any and as for Google although it offers lots of information on the topic none of it is from personal experiences - Lastly if "Google it" was to be your answer for every topic posted, Why browse this forum to begin with?

Old 07-10-2015, 01:29 PM

129 posts, read 304,157 times
so you cant find any experiences/reviews of people who've had work done overseas? you cant find any reputable clinics overseas through google?

any no one can answer your insert and heal question. everyone heals differently, but im sure you can search google to find the healing time of implant surgery, that should give you an idea of what to expect.

you can bing it if you dont want to google it.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:19 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
There are a few dozen threads RIGHT HERE in this Dental forum about dental tourism. One is currently active, and is around 3 posts down the list.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
There are a few dozen threads RIGHT HERE in this Dental forum about dental tourism. One is currently active, and is around 3 posts down the list.
Did you even bother to ready my thread? Lastly i went through the entire first page and the ONLY thread even remotely close to mines is the "Would you have dental work in Mexico?" that's not helping me any since i've already made my decision. Oh and all the ones found here with an X aren't helpful: Gyazo - 66b667bbc119357fb9507dd93aa18a11.png

Old 07-10-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRunner View Post
so you cant find any experiences/reviews of people who've had work done overseas? you cant find any reputable clinics overseas through google?

any no one can answer your insert and heal question. everyone heals differently, but im sure you can search google to find the healing time of implant surgery, that should give you an idea of what to expect.

you can bing it if you dont want to google it.
Nope i'm not able to find any LEGITIMATE reviews/experience using Google reason being that alot of clinics and dental companies SEO rank their websites using false keywords and shady tactics - so even IF you come across some reviews that appear legitimate most of the time they're either faked or paid users.

Also there are several forums dedicated to medical tourism unfortunately those forums require x amounts of minimum posts prior to being able to make an thread, So City-Data seemed like the most accurate place to post this considering it has thousands of users browsing a minute.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:32 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Well if you haven't been able to find any useful answers via Google, or this forum, then it isn't likely you'll find anyone who visits this forum, to tell you anything you haven't already read and disregarded.

As for your other questions - I have experience with dental implants, so does my spouse, and my mom. One of the women I work with has had one implant, and one of the men has had two implants. My dentist has had an implant.

They take around 20 minutes to insert. That doesn't include the hour + of prep time, or any time needed for bone grafting, which you might or might not need. It doesn't include the amount of time needed for that bone grafting to heal, if you needed to have that done first. It also doesn't include the amount of time needed to extract the tooth in the location where the implant is going to go, assuming you need an extraction and didn't already lose the tooth previous to the implant appointment.

As for healing, it all depends on how well you heal. It could be just a month or so with a "healing cap" and a temporary crown, and then another few weeks for the permanent abutment while they make the permanent crown. It could take over six months. From extraction to finished project, it can take anywhere from 4 months to over a year. Depending on what is needed, and how well you heal from each part of the procedure. There are some dentist companies (considered the fast-food version of dentistry) who will do same-day implants. They're the same people who do same-day dentures. Quality is never an issue - you just go there expecting it to be lousy and you'll never be disappointed.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,406 times
Default san jose costa rica implants i was very happy with results and very inexpensive

My personal experience with a couple I know, so i decided to go to the same dentist.
the cost for my dental implants was so inexpensive compared to USA prices.

I went to San Jose Costa Rica there to have my front teeth replaced, as they were already crowned and were moving. I anticipated having several teeth on each side of my front teeth and the same on the bottom capped to make my smile even. I also wanted to get rid of all of the amalgam fillings that I had. But, as often happens, when we started the process we found that I needed 3 root canals. Because of where the root canals were placed in the end it was more efficient to just crown them all instead of having gaps. My molars are the zirconium.. I grind my teeth and these are practically indestructible.They are all implants and crowns. i am very pleased 100% functionality but for a while I lived on soup and crackers for a few weeks.
I had no pain or discomfort, also the Doctor spoke prefect English and is board certified. And i got to have a vacation in a lovely very friendly country.
I love the results and I would not hesitate to go back for any further work I might have to have done.
the Doctor has a USA consultant who takes very good care of you from the very beginning to completion.
here is the contact for the Dentist.
Moderator cut: removed link

Last edited by in_newengland; 11-04-2016 at 02:29 PM..

Old 09-15-2015, 10:14 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
1. "Bad teeth" does not run in any families, except in vary rare circumstances such as amelogenesis imperfecta. What DOES run in families is negligence. In other words, 99% of the time it's actually "my parents didn't brush their teeth and therefore never taught me that brushing teeth is important."

2. I am a strong advocate of foreign dentistry. Re-doing it right costs twice as much and is sending my kids to college. To be fair, I have seen a few cases of high quality dentistry but this is not the norm. Standards vary across the globe. For some reason, we assume quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health