Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:52 PM

858 posts, read 2,986,145 times

Advertisements

I currently use the "Oral B" toothbrush, but the dental hygenist told me the "Rota-dent" toothbrush is better.

Just looking for for some +/- comments. I really don't see how the Rota-dent could be that much better; I'm sure they make a commission!

Thank you,....marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 04:02 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,633,119 times
Thanks for asking. I was thinking the same thing. I'll be interested in replies.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:52 AM

436 posts, read 804,725 times
Never used the "roto'dent" but have use the oral-B for years, and always have good check-ups. That is mind, why change?

Does the dentist want you to purchase it in the office?

Could be a promotional thing for him

Old 01-25-2008, 11:38 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,120,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
I currently use the "Oral B" toothbrush, but the dental hygenist told me the "Rota-dent" toothbrush is better.

Just looking for for some +/- comments. I really don't see how the Rota-dent could be that much better; I'm sure they make a commission!

Thank you,....marc
I've got the Rota-dent. It's recommended over Oral B or Sonic Care. You don't have to get it at the dentist's office. I got mine on E-bay, from supposedly a dental/dentist's office. Brand new with all the paperwork and extra thingys.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,404,921 times
I have a sonic care and found it to be rough on my gums. Didn't like using it...
I recently moved and went to a different dentist and hygenist, and this one recommends the rota-dent, she says it is gentler and they do sell various brands, but that one is her favorite. Next time I go I will probably get one...

Old 06-17-2008, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 35,763 times
Default Rotadent customer service

Don't purchase a Rot-a-dent unless you're willing to deal with their terrible customer service. I bought a replacement brush on line, which broke after about A WEEK! The wait to speak to a customer service person on the phone is about 20 minutes! They don't return voice messages, or respond to emails. When I finally DID reach a human on the phone (after about a week of trying), I was told that they do not authorize sales of their products on line and would not replace the defective brush. WHAT?!?! These brushes cost about $30! And how is a consumer supposed to know that when purchasing?

Anyway, I'm done with Rotadent

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I've got the Rota-dent. It's recommended over Oral B or Sonic Care. You don't have to get it at the dentist's office. I got mine on E-bay, from supposedly a dental/dentist's office. Brand new with all the paperwork and extra thingys.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 AM

6,888 posts, read 22,442,837 times
I have been using Rotadent for about 10 years. When I got my first unit...the brushes were replaceable and I've kept that head and have no problems with it. I bought some extra brushes online in bulk but eventually I will have to switch to the new head/brush combo. I love my rotadent...would never switch for the health of my teeth will suffer.

Here is what you can do...Use your Oral B or Sonic Care brush. If you see the white stuff (plaque) getting brushed off your teeth it is probably a good model however if you don't see that white stuff switch to the Rotadent. You will see a big difference.

Rotadent is not cheap...but the dentist I got mine from offered it for $50 with a guadrenal(sp) cleaning. Yes, my teeth are that bad.

Something I just recently tried was Crest's Pro Health Toothpaste. It works so much better than the regular Crest I was using. I'm getting a lot more plaque off my teeth and my mouth stays fresher longer too.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:38 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,301,756 times
Gee, haven't even heard of the rotodent!

Used to have an oral b and then switched to the sonic care, as the ultra-sonic pulsating action is supposed to be better for your teeth, than the small round brush of the oral-b going around in very small, rapid circle motion.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:09 AM

6,888 posts, read 22,442,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebee View Post
I'm sure that Oral B is better than Rota dent..
No other toothbrush rotates as fast as Rotadent (when fully charged) and that helps remove more plaque from teeth.

I will not give up my Rotadent based on your assumption. Compare the two side-by-side as I have and you will see the difference.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:36 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,614,946 times
we have the oral b and love it. can't speak for the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health