U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 08:16 PM

13,253 posts, read 38,139,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
I recently had #31 molar pulled, three weeks ago, due to fracture.
There was some after pull pain on the other side, upper and lower. Pain was intense at times. I don't take over the counter pain meds or prescribed. I did happen to find a child's teething product from Boiron homeopathic: Camilia. Walgreen's.

I bought two boxes and began doubling amounts every two hours. Continuing as early as I could the next day.
I am having no pain or swelling at all.
Thought one of the upper teeth felt loose and it has corrected itself.

I cannot help you with your question of a crown, for I have none. Nor a root canal ever.
This is my very first tooth pull since wisdom teeth.
I just wanted to share this product I used for pain.
It was very painful. I almost called dentist for pain meds.

Hope everything gets better!
The pain from having a single molar pulled when it was already broken before it got pulled (due to fracture as in your case) generally tapers off within a couple of days. It's more likely that it subsided regardless of the homeopathic remedy you used. Homeopathy has been proven time and again to contain -no- amount of the product it claims to contain, and is, for all intents and purposes, nothing more than a sugar pill. You are attributing a generally normal progression of pain relief from an extraction, to something that has nothing in it that can possibly DO anything for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 08:20 PM

15,672 posts, read 9,049,667 times
In the UK dentistry is tooooo expensive so a good few go to Eastern Europe for treatment, I'm gonna go Turkey to get mine done ( British smokers teeth lol )

I would have thought Americans would have gone to Mexico or somewhere like that for much cheaper treatment

Old 08-21-2015, 10:33 PM

76 posts, read 202,323 times
Thanks for all the replys. I recently had X-rays and no abscess or anything showed up where what's left of the tooth is. I've been living with how it is for almost a year and have yet to develop any problems. Maybe I shouldn't "poke the bear" as some might say. I'm not necessarily against getting an implant but the dentist said that I'd most likely have to not only get a sinus lift but a bone graph, as well. He said it's fairly common but it still sounds like a lot of time, money and suffering for something I may never actually need. Obviously I can't predict the future but after almost a year with no problems and taking extremely good care of my teeth (the hygienist told me they looked great during my last cleaning) I'm sort of content to just leave them alone. If a problem comes up in the future where it absolutely needs to be dealt with, like getting the implant, then of course I will do it.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:02 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,938,607 times
You don't "need" to replace any teeth. Nobody "needs" teeth but everyone wants teeth. There are 400 pound people walking around without any teeth. They obviously get their nutrition.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:13 PM

300 posts, read 443,152 times
Approx 25 years ago I had a bridge (3-tooth) on the lower left side instead of a crown. No problems with it at all but about 10 years later, due to a lot of gum loss, I had to get another bridge, which is working out very well. Again there is gum loss but the dentist has not mentioned replacing it. (I am 71 yo)

Old 08-23-2015, 05:13 PM

6,035 posts, read 3,307,587 times
Get the implant.

Your smile is worth it.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:35 PM

233 posts, read 205,862 times
I have personally had two broken wisdom teeth that are pretty much tiny holes in the back of my mouth with bits of teeth poking out. No one can even see them as they are in the back of the mouth and really looks like I just don't have wisdom teeth or had them removed. I have kept them brushed and I have cleaned out any food that I get in there as soon as possible with a pic or with mouthwash. They have been there since 24 and I'm almost 40 now lol. Honestly never caused me a bit of problem or pain after they broke off once and for all.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:42 AM

1 posts, read 766 times
Default Crown

I have a back tooth the crown came off many years ago. For some reason the stump if still there and covered with some white covering for which I do not how that happened. I decided to leave it alone since it is note giving me any problems. I am looking for an affordable to do a 3 tooth bridge on bottom left side of mouth in Orlando, FL. I do not have dental insurance so I would be paying out of pocket. If anyone knows of a dentist you can reach me at kmajor42@gmail.com. Have a great day

Old 08-28-2015, 04:19 AM

3,720 posts, read 2,278,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
You don't "need" to replace any teeth. Nobody "needs" teeth but everyone wants teeth. There are 400 pound people walking around without any teeth. They obviously get their nutrition.
I only have 8 teeth left, 2 on the top and 6 on the bottom, and I don't have any trouble eating. wife has dentures and has trouble even tasting her food, I hate dentures and wont have them, when all my teeth are gone I will mumble on my gums!!!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:07 AM

27 posts, read 57,723 times
Yo can discuss with you the best type of dental implant replacement that will restore your mouth to health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or