Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 05:29 AM

181 posts, read 444,757 times

Advertisements

I know this because I've positioned the toothbrushes in a unique way that I can tell they've never been touched. I have mine, she has hers, and there's an old one of mine still there. So me using mine doesn't affect the position and stance of the other two. I've also smeared toothpaste on the bottom, but it's hidden because it's in a holder. You'd have to pick it up to know that it's there after which anyone would feel the stickiness and decide to wash it off. Third - she uses a special kind of tooth paste that simply hasn't been used in a long time.

As a result, her breath always stinks, especially in the morning (yeah that's common regardless, but not brushing seems to amplify that stench). I once said she had bad breath and she flipped out completely. She blames it on drymouth - I don't disbelieve her, but going a month without brushing!? That's not helping!

In the past, I've tried the passive aggressive approach by setting up our toothbrushes with paste on them before going to bed under the guise of simply helping to set things up, but many times she has simply ignored it. Now I'm doing as little as I can to prompt her to brush her teeth, just to see how long she takes.

I can't help it that mouth hygiene is something I stress a lot in general.

No real question here - just venting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 05:36 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Mods, please move to the Parenting forum

Old 08-21-2015, 05:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Gross. I'm not sure if you're asking for advice or commiseration or what.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:47 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
If she has this bad oral hygiene she won't have her teeth long. I don't know why you don't confront her. That's a serious problem.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:50 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
As a guy who's big on brushing & oral hygiene in general, brushing my teeth every day is important to me. Not only does it help prevent against cavities, but it helps with bad breath as well. Not brushing your teeth on a regular basis will end up being a huge issue for anyone.

I don't like kissing women with bad breath, though have done it in the past.

I also don't like it when a woman spends the night at my place without brushing her teeth, which has happened too.

So, while I don't have any advice for you, I understand the concern - I've been there.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 08-21-2015 at 06:09 AM..

Old 08-21-2015, 05:56 AM

20 posts, read 41,369 times
I would pay a friend to tell her that way she won't get mad at you and hopefully get the idea. Lol..keep sow minty gum in stock in case she doesn't fix the problem.I feel sorry for you..

Old 08-21-2015, 06:22 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I would have told her "Brush your damn teeth, gurl, because your breath is stank! oh, and I love you "

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 08-21-2015 at 06:35 AM..

Old 08-21-2015, 06:26 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
This must be the grossest thing I've read on this forum

Old 08-21-2015, 06:27 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
I don't care how fine she is, this would be a deal-breaker. There is no excuse for not performing even basic hygiene.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:34 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
If she has this bad oral hygiene she won't have her teeth long. I don't know why you don't confront her. That's a serious problem.
Not necessarily. My ex-husband was like that. He is one strange guy and he did not brush his teeth often; maybe twice or three times a week. And yes, the bad breath was awful. I think he avoided brushing his teeth partly because he didn't want me to kiss him; he had most of the clinical symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and when he met me and discovered I had fever blisters, he only kissed me a few times after that in the course of our 6 years of marriage because of the germophobia. He had very healthy teeth. He was in his 30s and had only had a few small fillings in his life.

But I was concerned about his rarely brushing his teeth. Surely he was going to rot them out! Since we had great dental insurance, I forced him to go to the dentist, and of course he brushed his teeth to see her. She told him his teeth were very clean and he didn't need anything done at all. I was amazed. Apparently a big factor in dental health is genes. I've had a ton of dental work done, despite brushing, flossing, and mouthwashing every day. Another big factor is diet. My ex ate extremely healthy. Another side effect of his OCD was intense fear of gaining weight, so he didn't eat sugar. His teeth thanked him for that in spades, apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health