U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 02:36 PM

5,273 posts, read 12,882,987 times

Advertisements

You're doing the right thing.

Best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 03:35 PM

107 posts, read 159,258 times
Thanks, BLAZER. I felt it was the right thing to do, better get this thing taken care of sooner than later.

The Dr. took x-rays again, more than the last visit, and again didn't see anything suspicious. He used a tool to knock on all my bottom and upper right molar teeth, again and again, pretty hard, and I didn't feel anything. Then he had me bite down hard on another tool on all teeth, and didn't feel anything. He also used dry ice, or something similar, to touch each part of all my teeth, and didn't feel anything.

He said if there was any infection, even a small infection under a crown or filling, I would've felt something. It's likely a nerve that's dying, but he's unable to pinpoint which tooth it is to perform the root canal on.

So once again, I was told to wait until I feel any type of toothache or sensitivity again. And if I don't feel anything, come back in 2 weeks for another check-up.

At least they didn't charge me this time. So the saga continues..

Old 09-22-2015, 09:35 PM

Well the good news is no infection. And probably no fracture. So when it starts acting up again they will pin point it and torture, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, repair it for you.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:01 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,939,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Well the good news is no infection. And probably no fracture. So when it starts acting up again they will pin point it and torture, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, repair it for you.
What do you mean by "torture"? If you cannot tolerate local anesthesia like other adults then go to a provider that offers sedation.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:08 PM

Just a little humor. There's usually very little of it in this forum.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,272 times
Default Using Homeopathics - No longer need the dentist

I completely agree with your post, about how expensive dental treatment can be. I was so fed up, I decided to look for a good book that had natural homeopathic toothache remedies. After reviewing several books I settled on Avoid Root Canals,101 Homeopathic Nutrition Remedies to Stop Cavities.

Since using the methods described in this book, I no longer have to worry about root canals, and it has been a Godsend whenever I get a toothache because the methods described not only alleviate the pain, but also remove the decay and treat the infection, all without the need of a dentist.

I highly recommend this book and the author is kind enough to give away 7 chapters for free, of which some of the chapters have the remedies listed.

Hope this helps and its great to know that in the 21st century, there are now methods available to heal teeth without a dentist.

Continued Health to you!

Rodney Atkins

Portland, OR

Old 10-20-2015, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,272 times
Default 101 Homeopathic Nutrition Remedies

I personally avoid the dentist altogether and found the techniques in the book Avoid Root Canals. 101 Homeopathic Nutrition Remedies to Stop Tooth Cavities - to solve all my dental problems. No longer have I had to worry about root canals or other unnecessary dental work. And the techniques in this book have more than paid for itself many times over.

Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon!

Jeannie R

Old 11-12-2015, 05:26 AM

350 posts, read 292,262 times
There are only three things that it could be endo, perio, or a cracked tooth. If the endo dentist could not see anything on the x-ray and you didn't have a perio problem, then you have a cracked tooth.

I once presented this to an endo guy when I was having a problem with a molar that had a root canal. He reluctantly agreed that those were the only 3 possibilities. In fact, when I got the root canal I believe I already had a cracked tooth.

I had a pocket by the molar but that was caused by bacteria getting into the cracked tooth. You don't have a perio problem on one tooth.

The endo guy looked annoyed that I summarized the diagnosis that way, he wanted to do another root canal (cause that's what he does - to a hammer, everything looks like a nail!).

Anyway, I hope your situation worked out well.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauvers View Post
I completely agree with your post, about how expensive dental treatment can be. I was so fed up, I decided to look for a good book that had natural homeopathic toothache remedies. After reviewing several books I settled on Avoid Root Canals,101 Homeopathic Nutrition Remedies to Stop Cavities.

Since using the methods described in this book, I no longer have to worry about root canals, and it has been a Godsend whenever I get a toothache because the methods described not only alleviate the pain, but also remove the decay and treat the infection, all without the need of a dentist.

I highly recommend this book and the author is kind enough to give away 7 chapters for free, of which some of the chapters have the remedies listed.

Hope this helps and its great to know that in the 21st century, there are now methods available to heal teeth without a dentist.

Continued Health to you!

Rodney Atkins

Portland, OR
I have a case of someone who tried that. Used vitamins, herbs, cold laser treatment from a quackopracter... the infection went into his brain and killed him. I see a few of these a year.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:36 AM

29 posts, read 73,758 times
I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to ask in case there is a chance you may see this reply - what ever happened in your situation?

I am pretty much going through the same thing at this point. I had filling replacement done exactly a month ago, on my lower left back molars. The molar at the end has a deeper filling. I had a bunch of pain after that and sensitivity. Between my dentist, another dentist and an endodontist, nothing was to be found. They all said that x-rays show there is still enough tooth surrounding the nerve and when I bit down, no pain. The endo said it did not appear that I needed a root canal. However, even though my pain has gotten better, it is still there and I don't know what to do or where to go next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health