U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 05:08 PM

26,958 posts, read 10,233,541 times

Advertisements

I'm putting the info out to those WHO HAVE NO IDEA. I was involved in our clean water group here and did my work and going to city council meetings ....

What have you done to make things better. Maybe you are fighting the Monsanto crooks.

You know you can IGNORE my info but you continue to attack it and you post nothing I can attack....

What about Peter Vallone's work, you didn't comment.

And I don't hate doctors, but avoid them as much as I can. I've gone thru enough of side effects with some of their drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 05:09 PM

10,714 posts, read 7,855,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
For what joint damage or bags from China?

You can find all your answers here.

Fluoride Action Network | Communities that Have Rejected Fluoridation Since 2010
LOL, do you even read the articles you link in your posts? If I were anxious to read a list of municipalities in Europe and North America who have decided to forego fluoridation, along with a few sidebar quote on the evils of fluoride by a few rambling anti-flouriders, I'd be as happy as a clam with this article.

I asked you to provide a credible source for your claims of fluoride causing joint damage, in particular, and I would also like to see your source for your claims of bagged waste products from China being the source of fluoride going into municipal water supplies. And no, a story about a hypothetical 95 yr old neighbor who drank floridated water all her life, and now has arthritic joints will not suffice as documentation.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:14 PM

26,958 posts, read 10,233,541 times
So you think fluoride can be no damage to our bodies, joints....dream on.

I'm not posting anymore sources.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:50 PM

5,457 posts, read 11,609,601 times
Quote:
I'm putting the info out to those WHO HAVE NO IDEA. I was involved in our clean water group here and did my work and going to city council meetings ....

What have you done to make things better. Maybe you are fighting the Monsanto crooks.

You know you can IGNORE my info but you continue to attack it and you post nothing I can attack....

What about Peter Vallone's work, you didn't comment.

And I don't hate doctors, but avoid them as much as I can. I've gone thru enough of side effects with some of their drugs.
What "work" are you talking about???

A FAILED resolution that he tried to pass as a City Councilman 5 years ago before he lost re election??

He is now a civil court judge in NY with no platform to institute any fluoride legislation....

As for putting "info" out there???

What you put out there is disinformation, pseudoscience, junk science and nonsense...NOT the same thing as "information"

Old 11-26-2017, 05:53 PM

10,714 posts, read 7,855,437 times
Quote:
So you think fluoride can be no damage to our bodies, joints....dream on.

I'm not posting anymore sources.
Meaning you didn't have any to begin with and pulled that claim out of lordy knows where.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:37 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,939,048 times
As we are seeing here firsthand, the anti-fluoride group tends to rely on sensationalism and emotions, and provide vague pseudo-science as "evidence". When pushed, they link sources only from conspiracy groups instead of peer-reviewed journals. In other words, they accept no evidence outside their conspiracy groups. This is actually one of the hallmarks of a conspiracy theorist, the belief that everyone else who does not agree with them is actually conspiring against them. There is no neutral ground. Any independent 3rd party who disagrees is actually accused of being part of the conspiracy. This is why these discussions never go anywhere and are fruitless.

For some reason, these folks have exempted themselves from the rigors of mainstream scientific testing in the determination of validity. They reject any evidence opposing their beliefs by throwing back their own non-scientific rebuttals. The real suckers are the ones who point to "expert opinion" which is the lowest form of scientific evidence. This is obvious when they make a point to refer to their hero as DOCTOR so-and-so, or PROFESSOR so-and-so. They also like to tout prominent sounding universities or academic institutions, which implies mainstream acceptance and distracts us from the fact that their evidence is lacking. Lastly, the conspiracy theorists like to make vague references to studies or research (as if they are true) without providing others in the discussion the necessary info to view the same information.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:58 AM

6,513 posts, read 2,976,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
As we are seeing here firsthand, the anti-fluoride group tends to rely on sensationalism and emotions, and provide vague pseudo-science as "evidence". When pushed, they link sources only from conspiracy groups instead of peer-reviewed journals. In other words, they accept no evidence outside their conspiracy groups. This is actually one of the hallmarks of a conspiracy theorist, the belief that everyone else who does not agree with them is actually conspiring against them. There is no neutral ground. Any independent 3rd party who disagrees is actually accused of being part of the conspiracy. This is why these discussions never go anywhere and are fruitless.

For some reason, these folks have exempted themselves from the rigors of mainstream scientific testing in the determination of validity. They reject any evidence opposing their beliefs by throwing back their own non-scientific rebuttals. The real suckers are the ones who point to "expert opinion" which is the lowest form of scientific evidence. This is obvious when they make a point to refer to their hero as DOCTOR so-and-so, or PROFESSOR so-and-so. They also like to tout prominent sounding universities or academic institutions, which implies mainstream acceptance and distracts us from the fact that their evidence is lacking. Lastly, the conspiracy theorists like to make vague references to studies or research (as if they are true) without providing others in the discussion the necessary info to view the same information.
Amen. Great post!

Old 11-27-2017, 01:53 PM

10,412 posts, read 4,697,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post

I also get a lot more skeptical when I do go to these links (yes, I do go look at them...can't claim anything unless you do the work) and often find myself being looped back and forth from one "opinion" to another with no access to peer-reviewed empirical data or disciplined research. Never seem to get down to actual lab work or supportable results. There are usually lots of quotations from mystical non-specific experts, opinions instead of data and lots of ranting. Maybe I am better at teasing information apart to look for the plausible kernels of applicable fact because of my background, but it doesn't take me long to drop the whole mess and look elsewhere.

Now if the person offering these so-called factual information sources ever included a broad sampling of sources including but not limited to .edus, .govs, etc. I'd be more inclined to listen. OK, OK, I get it....government sources are always to be distrusted because there are conspiracies threaded throughout. There is no way they ALL ARE. There are things called regulation and law that government, medical, and university programs are subject to that private individuals get around more easily. There's a lot less to hold them accountable to and we all know about freedom of speech. Freedom of speech does not always mean what is being spoken is honest, unbiased, or true.

When I do research on claims like this I purposefully read from ALL sources I can find....coms, .orgs, .gov, .edus, etc. Eventually the information that is credible is referenced, backed up, with layers of work over time, analysis and data as well as statistically. You can isolate the more bizarre outlyers. But this also means you have to be open minded enough to have your personal beliefs challenged in the face of reality.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:31 PM

9,198 posts, read 5,708,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COD1628 View Post
We are on well water. We would like to start having our children taking fluoride supplements, or toothpaste, some form of fluoride....However the doctor will not prescribe it for us.

Reason being, "we don't prescribe that anymore".....

Can doctors deny me fluoride for my children?
I’m surprised. My kids’ pediatrician prescribes multivitamins with fluoride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health