Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 10:18 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How about this for all that science:

Fluoride, Teeth, and the Atomic Bomb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 10:46 AM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
How about this for all that science:

Fluoride, Teeth, and the Atomic Bomb
Oh noes! Fluoridation is a big ole conspiracy!

Old 11-25-2017, 11:40 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,778,843 times
If flouride is a conspiracy, I still don't understand who is profiting from fluoride. Certainly not the dentists.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
If flouride is a conspiracy, I still don't understand who is profiting from fluoride. Certainly not the dentists.
The industries that are getting rid of their waste and the waste today is coming from China as most of our industrial companies/plants moved overseas. Do you remember Alcoa Alum, US Steel, Bethlehem Steel, Westinghouse, GE et al...all their plants are now overseas, mexico, china, and other poor paying countries. Now it's being bagged in China and shipped to the U.S. for our water supplies.

This whole thing was started by Alcoa and Mellon money....I mentioned this many times in my info.

Am I the only one who gets and believes this history.

And IF fluoride is doing such a great job, doesn't that mean Less business for the dentists, is that true with dentists here?

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-25-2017 at 01:09 PM..

Old 11-25-2017, 01:17 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
Fluoride in the drinking water is perhaps the only thing that has prevented my son from a mouthful of cavities! His hygiene is terrible, he rarely brushes his teeth (please, no bad parenting comments, he's 21 and doesn't live with us), he drinks gallons of sugary soda, and simply won't go to a dentist. We carry dental insurance which pays for 3 cleanings/year, no cost to him, but he just won't go. So far he has not developed serious dental problems---that I know of---and the only thing I can think of that is preventing cavities is the fluoride in the drinking water!

Old 11-25-2017, 01:23 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,974,750 times
If you worked in a dental office over the past 45 years, you'd see the good that fluoride has done for the general population: It used to be very common to see children with rotten, bombed-out mouths, but nowadays they have intact and healthy teeth. It's really quite a big improvement, and something I'm glad to see.

Old 11-25-2017, 02:11 PM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The industries that are getting rid of their waste and the waste today is coming from China as most of our industrial companies/plants moved overseas. Do you remember Alcoa Alum, US Steel, Bethlehem Steel, Westinghouse, GE et al...all their plants are now overseas, mexico, china, and other poor paying countries. Now it's being bagged in China and shipped to the U.S. for our water supplies.

This whole thing was started by Alcoa and Mellon money....I mentioned this many times in my info.

Am I the only one who gets and believes this history.

And IF fluoride is doing such a great job, doesn't that mean Less business for the dentists, is that true with dentists here?
Yeah, yeah, it's all a big conspiracy, easy to believe if you have not the least, tiny bit of knowledge about chemistry. It's not even difficult chemistry; it's middle school stuff.

Yes, fluoride means less business for dentists. Every dollar spent on fluoridation saves about $38 on dental care.

https://ilikemyteeth.org/fluoridation/cost-of-fluoride/

Old 11-25-2017, 03:19 PM

Reading OP's original post it's said that the dentist doesn't do that anymore. Wonder Why? Any dentists here know why.

The poster said they live with well water and I'd think well water gets it's share of naturally occurring fluoride if they live in rainy/snowy climate.

Others say they live with well water as well.

I'd like to hear from the dentists, do they have less business with more teeth fluoridated with our public waters.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Fluoride in the drinking water is perhaps the only thing that has prevented my son from a mouthful of cavities! His hygiene is terrible, he rarely brushes his teeth (please, no bad parenting comments, he's 21 and doesn't live with us), he drinks gallons of sugary soda, and simply won't go to a dentist. We carry dental insurance which pays for 3 cleanings/year, no cost to him, but he just won't go. So far he has not developed serious dental problems---that I know of---and the only thing I can think of that is preventing cavities is the fluoride in the drinking water!
Your son is fortunate so far, drinking gallons of sugary soda is giving him lots of sugar and fluoridated water as all these sodas are produced from public waters and MOST are artifically fluoridated.

I was NOT fortunate as I was born and raised in fluoridated tap water and drank cokes when I could sneak them as mother would not have sodas in the house, and ate lots of sugar stuff and my mouth is full of dental work.

Could be too some have stronger teeth than others....I'm guessing mine were not real strong.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:31 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,974,750 times
[quote=jaminhealth;50223429

I'd like to hear from the dentists, do they have less business with more teeth fluoridated with our public waters.[/quote]

OF COURSE. Fluoride has prevented literally millions of cavities. That's the point of fluoride, to prevent cavities. It prevents rotten teeth. It prevents dental pain. It prevents spending money on tooth repair. It prevents dentures at a young age. It prevents, prevents, prevents.

Fluoride. Prevents. Cavities.

I can't be more clear about it than that.

But don't forget to floss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health