Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 04:08 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Dentures are not a replacement for teeth. They are a replacement for not having teeth. Dentures are for smiling with while implants are for eating with.

This is the smart alec post I was responding to .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 04:10 PM

629 posts, read 933,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
After reading your insulting post, I'll bet either you or a family member are a dentist and the more expensive the procedure $$$$$$$$$$$$, the fatter your bank account is .
So MY post is the insulting one? Sounds like you have an axe to grind with dentists and/or the dental profession.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:20 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
Quote:
This is the smart alec post I was responding to .
Not sure why you have a beef with my post. You have one mouth. Dentists deal with thousands of mouths and are therefore more likely to know how well the general public gets along with their dentures. My post was a general rule of thumb that many many denture patients agree with. Just because you have good bone and gum structure to wear dentures, you shouldn't make others feel bad when they're not as fortunate as you. There is an entire dental implant industry built on providing a remedy for those who are unhappy with their dentures. And those patients invariably are much happier with implants than dentures. Congratulations for being satisfied with your dentures.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:27 AM

14,473 posts, read 20,652,743 times
I could not eat with my first front plate due to the pressure on the bone.
But I can easily eat with the new one. Cost = FREE.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:04 PM

386 posts, read 327,294 times
SOLUTION: Go to Mexico and get your teeth done there. It is safe and 1/3 of the cost. All of these dentists were college trained, many in the USA.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:24 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Get implants, don't let any one talk you into dentures, they impair your sense of taste there is no guarantee that if they fit well now that they will in the future, my mother had dentures and she had so much bone loss that she could barely wear her bottom plate.

I am 70 and have 27 out of 32 teeth. I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was young because they were impacted. When I was 25 or so I didn't have any money and had to have a tooth pulled that could have been saved. I have probably spent $30,000 my teeth, most of my teeth have crowns I've probably had a dozen root canals, I have a single unit bridge. I brush and floss daily I have my teeth cleaned twice a year, I will never have dentures, period.

I would sell my car and take a bus every where I went if that was the only way I could pay to keep my teeth. I don't know how to impress upon you how important it is for you to keep your own teeth, all I can say is if you get dentures you will regret it.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Get implants, don't let any one talk you into dentures, they impair your sense of taste there is no guarantee that if they fit well now that they will in the future, my mother had dentures and she had so much bone loss that she could barely wear her bottom plate.

I am 70 and have 27 out of 32 teeth. I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was young because they were impacted. When I was 25 or so I didn't have any money and had to have a tooth pulled that could have been saved. I have probably spent $30,000 my teeth, most of my teeth have crowns I've probably had a dozen root canals, I have a single unit bridge. I brush and floss daily I have my teeth cleaned twice a year, I will never have dentures, period.

I would sell my car and take a bus every where I went if that was the only way I could pay to keep my teeth. I don't know how to impress upon you how important it is for you to keep your own teeth, all I can say is if you get dentures you will regret it.

.........."if you get dentures you will regret it "...

Says a 70 year old man who doesn't have dentures.

"No you won't ".........says a man who has had dentures for 7 years now and only spent $3,500 on complete extractions and top of the line dentures.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:46 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Again, this varies with each individual. You won't really know if you are one of the lucky ones who will do fine with dentures until you HAVE them.

For me, as I said, I know for a fact they would not work for me, so I am going to do whatever I have to to keep some rooted teeth in my mouth. At the very least, OP, keep your BOTTOM teeth, because that is where most people have trouble with dentures, they just move around too much.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:47 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
.........."if you get dentures you will regret it "...

Says a 70 year old man who doesn't have dentures.

"No you won't ".........says a man who has had dentures for 7 years now and only spent $3,500 on complete extractions and top of the line dentures.
In the first place, I'm not a man. In the second place your dentures are a poor substitute for having your own teeth. If you don't believe me, grin at yourself in the mirror when they aren't in your mouth. I would never consider it a bargain to give up your natural teeth for a mouth full of cheap plastic.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
In the first place, I'm not a man. In the second place your dentures are a poor substitute for having your own teeth. If you don't believe me, grin at yourself in the mirror when they aren't in your mouth. I would never consider it a bargain to give up your natural teeth for a mouth full of cheap plastic.
"a poor substitute".

#1....They fit so well I don't even realize I am wearing them

#2....I have received many compliments on how well they look
#3....I am no more limited than you in my menu selection when in a restaurant

I didn't pay for dentures to not have them in my mouth.
The only time they are removed is when I am sleeping and I do not look in a mirror when asleep

Your point is ?

As I said............an expert on dentures from a person who doesn't have dentures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health