Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 07:55 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times

Advertisements

The thing is, these things happen with dentists here as well. It is not necessarily their fault, but some people don't do well with implants. My husband is one who had an implant right here in the US (by the dentist office I don't like anymore) and it has given him nothing but trouble. Got infected, had it cleaned, antibiotics, then more infection, had to go to periodontist for really, really deep surgical cleaning, and it still isn't right. Now the crown is loose but THEY CAN'T REMOVE IT! He hates it. So yeah, since implants can be problematic anywhere I sure would not go out of the country. My husband is thinking of just having his removed. I have two implants, one got infected but resolved; they have been in about 7 years now, it is actually a bridge in lower jaw. I am happy to have them, I could not eat otherwise.

Anyway, as to the office I am thinking about going to next, their name is like a neighborhood name; but I think they did that because the main dentist took on a partner and opened one other office in another area of town. Plus as one of the dentists here mentioned, it comes up better in a Google search. I really don't think he is a corporate dentist. I guess I will just have to visit and see what I think when the time comes.

Good luck, 2sleepy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 09:02 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
The thing is, these things happen with dentists here as well. It is not necessarily their fault, but some people don't do well with implants. My husband is one who had an implant right here in the US (by the dentist office I don't like anymore) and it has given him nothing but trouble. Got infected, had it cleaned, antibiotics, then more infection, had to go to periodontist for really, really deep surgical cleaning, and it still isn't right. Now the crown is loose but THEY CAN'T REMOVE IT! He hates it. So yeah, since implants can be problematic anywhere I sure would not go out of the country. My husband is thinking of just having his removed. I have two implants, one got infected but resolved; they have been in about 7 years now, it is actually a bridge in lower jaw. I am happy to have them, I could not eat otherwise.

Anyway, as to the office I am thinking about going to next, their name is like a neighborhood name; but I think they did that because the main dentist took on a partner and opened one other office in another area of town. Plus as one of the dentists here mentioned, it comes up better in a Google search. I really don't think he is a corporate dentist. I guess I will just have to visit and see what I think when the time comes.

Good luck, 2sleepy!
I know what you are saying but if you have trouble with dental work here, it's much easier to get it taken care of. I'm sorry about the situation your husband is in that's awful but if he had that done in Mexico he wouldn't have any recourse at all except to go back to Mexico.

As far as your new dentist, go to yelp and enter the name of the dentist and the City you live in. When you find the name of the practice, click on it and scroll down until you see reviews, right below "reviews for xyz dentistry" you will see "yelp sort" with a down arrow next to it, click that and change the sort to "lowest rated first". If you don't you will usually see at least a dozen glowing reviews for even the worst dentist, some are posted by their friends and some by people who think the dentist was great for some reason unrelated to his/her skills like. If you see several bad reviews find another dentist. Anyone can get one or two bad reviews, some are laughable, like "I asked for a discount and he said no", or "I wanted pain pills after my filling was done and she refused"..just stupid stuff. But if you see several reviews in which people either give detailed descriptions of bad dental work, or they describe being treated like they were buying a used car, being sold services they didn't need or not given explanations for why they needed a particular procedure done, it would probably be a good idea to find a different dentist

But I'm just a patient, so if our resident dentists weigh in on this and give you a different opinion I would believe them - not me lol

Old 07-01-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
and thousands of people are going to Mexico and having no problems with their dental work whatsoever. Do you actually believe that every person using a dentist here in the US never has had a problem despite spending way more money $$$$$$$$$$$ ?
That's not the point. Let me try to make it easy for you David. I need to get the transmission replaced in my car, they want $2,000 to do it in the US but only $500 in Mexico. So I say to my greedy self "wow who wouldn't want to save $1500?" and I drive to Mexico get the transmission installed and drive home. A week later the transmission fails, what now David?

Old 07-01-2017, 09:12 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,226 times
I really lucked out when I found that dental clinic I used.

I got a call from a high school friend whose wife had won $1,800,000 in a lottery.

They wanted the phone # as previously I had told them how pleased I was with this clinic and the prices were quite low.

Yes, the lottery winner MILLIONAIRE was considering Mexico for dental work but used the clinic I recommended instead.

Glad to see even lottery winners don't believe in wasting their winnings on dentists who gouge their patients.

I also had posters DM me asking for the name of that clinic.

Glad to see there are savy people here !

Old 07-01-2017, 09:34 AM

The lottery winners were all set to get dental work done in Mexico based on all their friends great results.

When he found out about my dental clinic, he said it was nearly as reasonable, closer, and he trusted my recommendations.

The lottery winning MILLIONAIRE sure didn't believe that the best dentist is the one who charges the most.

Not every person who wins a lottery squanders it on overpriced goods and services.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:50 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,779,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's not the point. Let me try to make it easy for you David. I need to get the transmission replaced in my car, they want $2,000 to do it in the US but only $500 in Mexico. So I say to my greedy self "wow who wouldn't want to save $1500?" and I drive to Mexico get the transmission installed and drive home. A week later the transmission fails, what now David?
Exactly. I don't understand why someone would want to return to Mexico to get things serviced, especially when something breaks or there is a real problem.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I really lucked out when I found that dental clinic I used.
I got a call from a high school friend whose wife had won $1,800,000 in a lottery.
They wanted the phone # as previously I had told them how pleased I was with this clinic and the prices were quite low.
Yes, the lottery winner MILLIONAIRE was considering Mexico for dental work but used the clinic I recommended instead.
Glad to see even lottery winners don't believe in wasting their winnings on dentists who gouge their patients.
I also had posters DM me asking for the name of that clinic.
Glad to see there are savy people here !
So, your point is what? That people who win lotteries are smart like you? Or that after winning over a million dollars the first thing on their list was to go trade all their teeth in for a mouth full of plastic

Old 07-01-2017, 11:19 AM

629 posts, read 932,788 times
Quote:
The lottery winners were all set to get dental work done in Mexico based on all their friends great results.

When he found out about my dental clinic, he said it was nearly as reasonable, closer, and he trusted my recommendations.

The lottery winning MILLIONAIRE sure didn't believe that the best dentist is the one who charges the most.

Not every person who wins a lottery squanders it on overpriced goods and services.
This is getting funnier with every post. Having lots of money doesn't necessarily change your value system, so I don't know why you think you are saying something groundbreaking here. Sam Walton amassed billions and still drove the same beat-up pickup truck and lived in the same modest house. So what? To a much lesser extent, all of my employees drive nicer cars than me and have the latest smartphones. Yet, they all live paycheck to paycheck while I have a savings account. People value different things.

We get it, you're a troll and are looking for things to argue about. We have already established that you have an extremely low dental I.Q. and an axe to grind with the dental profession. We have also established that you don't value teeth, so any dentistry designed to save or replace them will be overpriced in your mind. Doesn't mean that others won't find value in it.

So others have asked you where they can get top of the line dentures like yours - great for them. They have the same value system as you. Yet, I don't see them chastising others for valuing something different. Also, am still waiting for your answer to this question: Why is it I have tons of denture patients wanting implants, but absolutely zero implant patients wanting dentures?

Old 07-01-2017, 07:24 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
Quote:
If I won the lottery, I would get implants instead of dentures.

Oh wait, I got implants and didn't win the lottery.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:40 PM

People going to Mexico for dental work is growing .
Contrary to what dentists who post here might imply, they are not poor people.

The ones I know are snowbirds and the friends of snowbirds who have the money to live two different places depending on the season.

As the word keeps getting out, you will see more and more people who could have afforded any dentist in the US decide to use dentists in Mexico.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
Those people who use dentists in Mexico are no fools !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health