Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 08:32 PM

37,007 posts, read 41,043,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Things changed since you were a teen, Suzy. Braces got very sophisticated. Pulling teeth isn't in most cases necessary anymore. Click on the link I posted and see the magic.
OP, fix your teeth, do the fillings, the root canal. Believe me those are still way better options than pulling teeth, if you can save them. You will be glad to have them when you get old.
Talk with the second doctor and let him explain the process.... of keeping the teeth, and your braces options.
My teeth looked great after the braces were removed. They just did not stay that way. The contacts are still so tight it is hard to floss.

I read your links. I am not buying some of the cons presented against removing the teeth.

I am old! My teeth are moving now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 06:55 AM
BFZ BFZ started this thread

23 posts, read 22,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
Keep in mind a root canal doesn't mean you 'lose' the tooth. They drill out the roots and file down the tooth and put a crown on it. The tooth is fused, bone to bone, and doesn't need roots to 'stay put'.

When a crown is put on the tooth, you chose what materials. You can have a porcelain outer and a metal flat surface that you bit on. Some dentists can tell you the different types and costs to chose from. They do match up your tooth color.

It sounds like the tooth with the root canal should be done first. Obviously that's the worst of the bunch. I didn't see an oral surgeon mentioned but unless your dentist does them, an oral surgeon would do a root canal. You should make an appointment and talk to one, have all your x-rays and records sent over and get that third opinion.

I'd worry about so many teeth being pulled as an adult. It's different when you're a kid and your adult teeth are coming in and crowding. Different too with wisdom teeth - Those should come out if they impact your bite, cause problems with crowding.

I don't know what to tell you besides take your two opinions to an oral surgeon, maybe someone they recommend. Get a third opinion.
Thanks , that's great to know. I was worried my teeth to look different. I will get another opinion as well. I found out from my dentist it is not that easy to say that teeth since it has infection will take time. It is really stressful choose between both options since there will be consequences. Saving that teeth is costing me more as well since I am just a student grad. I am going for consultation with endodontist. My teeth have med amount of crowding however it will result in negative lip suction if I remove four teeth. Not removing will have less negative lip suction.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:12 PM

42,758 posts, read 26,029,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
Keep in mind a root canal doesn't mean you 'lose' the tooth. They drill out the roots and file down the tooth and put a crown on it. The tooth is fused, bone to bone, and doesn't need roots to 'stay put'.

When a crown is put on the tooth, you chose what materials. You can have a porcelain outer and a metal flat surface that you bit on. Some dentists can tell you the different types and costs to chose from. They do match up your tooth color.

It sounds like the tooth with the root canal should be done first. Obviously that's the worst of the bunch. I didn't see an oral surgeon mentioned but unless your dentist does them, an oral surgeon would do a root canal. You should make an appointment and talk to one, have all your x-rays and records sent over and get that third opinion.

I'd worry about so many teeth being pulled as an adult. It's different when you're a kid and your adult teeth are coming in and crowding. Different too with wisdom teeth - Those should come out if they impact your bite, cause problems with crowding.

I don't know what to tell you besides take your two opinions to an oral surgeon, maybe someone they recommend. Get a third opinion.
I think it's endodontists who usually do root canals

Old 10-27-2017, 06:53 AM

I will get third opinion. Just in case, ask all the questions I have.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:00 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,131,206 times
My daughter has crowding from a small jaw. Her dentist pulled some teeth and it helped her immensely. She is 40something now and has had a beautiful smile since she was a teen.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
My daughter has crowding from a small jaw. Her dentist pulled some teeth and it helped her immensely. She is 40something now and has had a beautiful smile since she was a teen.
I will have to sacrifice one teeth anyways, either root canal or 4 extractions. Both way will have consequences. So I have to choose one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health