U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 04:55 PM

11,738 posts, read 16,468,435 times

Advertisements

A friend is getting full lower and upper. The dentist is saying the ultimate fit will leave them "adhesive free" and no need for polident tablets, just brush them with tooth brush and "soap" and water.

Soap and water?
No adhesive?

Anyone experienced these ultimate fit?
They got the impressions done on the 11th and were told the dentures are being made in house and will take 6 weeks. We have a regional dental lab here and I would have thought they would have made the dentures for Affordable Dentures.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 10:21 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,129,735 times
I'm a dentist (I don't do dentures so I'm no expert) but this sounds like fancy marketing to me. The best fitting denture is still a denture.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:28 AM

38,073 posts, read 17,906,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
A friend is getting full lower and upper. The dentist is saying the ultimate fit will leave them "adhesive free" and no need for polident tablets, just brush them with tooth brush and "soap" and water.

Soap and water?
No adhesive?

Anyone experienced these ultimate fit?
They got the impressions done on the 11th and were told the dentures are being made in house and will take 6 weeks. We have a regional dental lab here and I would have thought they would have made the dentures for Affordable Dentures.
I thought they had a in house lab, one of my neighbors got 'same day dentures' from them

Old 06-21-2018, 10:32 AM

615 posts, read 611,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I thought they had a in house lab, one of my neighbors got 'same day dentures' from them
Traditional dentures are highly customized to fit the individual patient. This requires 4-5 visits and involves various measurements of the patient's jaw, speech pattern, etc. In addition, the patient is allowed to select the color and size of the teeth, as well has have an opportunity to try them out (they are set in wax) to make sure they are happy with the esthetics and position BEFORE the denture is processed into acrylic.

"Same day dentures" generally follow a "one size fits all" approach. Usually the office has a room full of stock, pre-made dentures and then simply relines the inside of them with acrylic material to get the closest fit to the gums of the patient. Think of a tailored suit vs. one off the rack with no alterations.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart0323 View Post
Traditional dentures are highly customized to fit the individual patient. This requires 4-5 visits and involves various measurements of the patient's jaw, speech pattern, etc. In addition, the patient is allowed to select the color and size of the teeth, as well has have an opportunity to try them out (they are set in wax) to make sure they are happy with the esthetics and position BEFORE the denture is processed into acrylic.

"Same day dentures" generally follow a "one size fits all" approach. Usually the office has a room full of stock, pre-made dentures and then simply relines the inside of them with acrylic material to get the closest fit to the gums of the patient. Think of a tailored suit vs. one off the rack with no alterations.
thanks!

Old 06-21-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
They do have in house. We would have expected them to use the regional dental lab 3 miles away. They can not due to their low prices. They lady is spending about $1,000 for the lower and the same for the upper. Ultimate fit they are called.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
They do have in house. We would have expected them to use the regional dental lab 3 miles away. They can not due to their low prices. They lady is spending about $1,000 for the lower and the same for the upper. Ultimate fit they are called.
Maybe they lying are using an offshore dental lab, but if so I'm not sure how they would deal with a patient who had to wait another 6 weeks if it had to be redone.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe they lying are using an offshore dental lab, but if so I'm not sure how they would deal with a patient who had to wait another 6 weeks if it had to be redone.
Maybe I stated it unclearly.
They had the impressions on June 11th and were told it would take 6 weeks before they had the wax set ready for fitting.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:45 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,129,735 times
Quote:
Maybe I stated it unclearly.
They had the impressions on June 11th and were told it would take 6 weeks before they had the wax set ready for fitting.

Good, fast, and cheap.
Can can only pick 2.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,187 times
Any denture recommendations in Oklahoma City or Edmond, OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health