U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 422 times

Advertisements

My two front teeth has white spots on each of them. Anyone know of a toothpaste that can fix it so all my teeth blend in? Having this hurts my self confidence.. is there a toothpaste that can fix it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 10:31 AM

39,554 posts, read 48,754,917 times
Perhaps a simple tooth whitening will make the spots blend into your enamel.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:57 AM

5,445 posts, read 2,991,944 times
How big are they ? I have a white smoke on my lower tooth and was told it was a weaker tooth.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:15 PM

10,412 posts, read 4,692,248 times
It's common. A few seconds on the web turned this up:

https://www.healthline.com/health/de...n-teeth#causes

Old 12-15-2018, 09:05 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,939,048 times
You haven't told us the reason for the white spots. The treatment depends on why the white spots are there.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:57 PM

17,086 posts, read 10,642,383 times
Talk to your dentist. My son had white spots on his bicuspids when his braces were removed due to hypocalcification. The solution was a resin treatment, which is not inexpensive, but when cured the resin blended the hypoplasia into the undamaged tooth enamel, making the spots undetectable.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:14 PM

5 posts, read 1,538 times
A common causes of white spots on teeth, including dental fluorosis, enamel hypoplasia, plaque accumulation, poor dental hygiene, sleeping with your mouth open and eating too many acidic or sugary foods.

To treat this you have to consult a dental hygienist. They can suggest some suitable treatment options depend on the underlying cause of the white spots and the condition of your teeth. Some of the possible treatments are enamel microabrasion, teeth whitening or bleaching, dental veneers.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:17 AM

3 posts, read 498 times
Last year I had little white spots on my teeth too so I tried using the strips but they didn't work, and my teeth hurt really bad. I went to my dentist instead and they got rid of them, weird! I thought that the strips were suppose to be just as good as the dentist but as I looked into it more I guess not. I found this article that explained why.
https://bridgecreekdental.com/why-yo...-by-a-dentist/

Old 02-06-2019, 01:11 PM

26,958 posts, read 10,233,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey0810 View Post
Last year I had little white spots on my teeth too so I tried using the strips but they didn't work, and my teeth hurt really bad. I went to my dentist instead and they got rid of them, weird! I thought that the strips were suppose to be just as good as the dentist but as I looked into it more I guess not. I found this article that explained why.
Could be fluorosis, too much fluoride on the teeth. I had heard a commentary on the radio not long ago about children 3-6 with fluorosis, they are getting too much fluoride, instead of a pea size amount they are putting toothpaste on the whole brush and doing this all the time. I'm not a fan of fluoride in any form...No fluorosis here, or white spots etc. And too so many drinking fluoridated water....it accumulates.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:25 PM

10,412 posts, read 4,692,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey0810 View Post
Whitening strips are not a substitute for a dentist. They only do one thing: bleach the surface of your teeth temporarily. They don't actually change the tooth itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or