U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 07:03 PM

4,781 posts, read 2,221,717 times

Advertisements

I’m getting crowns on my top middle 4 teeth. When I smile you really only see those teeth plus the 2 top canines, which are yellowed a good bit (soda), no coffee or cigs.

I have the temp caps on now and boy are they bright. The lab will match the 4 permanent crown to my existing tooth color so I want to get my teeth whiter.

But...wondering if I should concentrate my $$ on the canines rather than use it on my whole mouth which you can never see anyway.

No clue what’s all out there as far as products and procedures. And I’m not rich.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 08:55 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,072,588 times
There are a lot of products out there, but if you have dental insurance that should cover a cleaning. They will grind off dirt and stains during that, your teeth will be a lot whiter.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:48 PM

4,570 posts, read 3,706,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I’m getting crowns on my top middle 4 teeth. When I smile you really only see those teeth plus the 2 top canines, which are yellowed a good bit (soda), no coffee or cigs.

I have the temp caps on now and boy are they bright. The lab will match the 4 permanent crown to my existing tooth color so I want to get my teeth whiter.

But...wondering if I should concentrate my $$ on the canines rather than use it on my whole mouth which you can never see anyway.

No clue what’s all out there as far as products and procedures. And I’m not rich.

Thoughts?
Yes you will look weird with bright teeth and older, yellower, and uneven teeth next to it. Sorry, that's the truth. Canines do surely stand out.

Porcelain veneers, AFTER two years of braces, top teeth only was a thousand bucks each in 2015. Did it locally, after seeing the guy's work. They're fine, couple years later. I got B1 brightness, brightest "natural" they recommended. I'm complemented on my teeth and smile by the only group that matters to me: single women, so that was eight grand (plus six for braces) well-spent. In fact, the work as a whole, including braces, was a great idea in my 40s. Would have been better in my 20s, but oh well.

Bottoms are okay, and straight now, so that's fine. I had them whitened, which sort of works. They sure don't look like those B1 uppers, though. They're hard to see, and not hugely different from my uppers, but one could notice if so-motivated. The way I smile only reveals my uppers. How about you?

Might want consider having another three on each side veneer'ed. Beyond that, your teeth are in shadow and if-healthy, no one is the wiser.

"If" have bottoms done, I'll go to Costa Rica. They're about $500 each down there, they do work as well as American quality, but I would need ten or twelve. Non-trivial money, and a week or two in-country (San Jose, the capital).

Old 01-24-2019, 01:54 AM

8 posts, read 2,254 times
You could try some home remedy to whiten teeth like activated charcoal paste or powder,turmeric,etc to whiten those specific teethes.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:12 PM

34,775 posts, read 16,017,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post

Thoughts?
If they're just stained the hygienist should be able to clean them without whitening them, the dentist should then match the crowns to the canines.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:43 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,938,013 times
Crowns cannot be whitened. The dentist will attempt to match the tooth shades to the neighboring teeth. If you don't like the color of those teeth, whitening of those teeth should be performed first, then the new crowns to match those shades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health