U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 365 times

Advertisements

I had an implant done about 3 months ago after my first molar on my left side was removed about a year ago. Putting the crown in was fine, but I had a sensation in my mouth of the tooth not quite belonging there (no pain or discomfort), if that makes sense - I put it down to my mouth having to get used to it.

This sensation didn't go away, accompanied by some slight sensitivity in the gum around the crown (again, not painful, though) and about 6 weeks after the crown was put in, I noticed that it was slightly wobbly. I went back to my dentist who readjusted it, tightened it more, and for about a week, all was good and I was very happy with it - well, I spent enough money on the whole thing, that's for sure...

That familiar sensation then came back afterwards - whilst I've not noticed any wobbling, I've had about 4 weeks of the same feeling of the tooth not quite sitting in my mouth how I would expect to. I've been assured that there's no problem with the crown size, and visually, all looks good.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would you say that there may be an issue with the procedure, or that it may just still need some adjustment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 12:08 AM

8 posts, read 2,261 times
Well dental implants take 2 months to settle in so I think you should visit your dentist as early as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or