U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 181 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am a patient and appreciate if I can get some advice from the professionals here. I am a 30-year-old woman. I have impacted lower second molars that grow sideways on both left and right side. The second molar is pushing the tooth in the front (I believe that's the first molar). I had bad cavities on both of the impacted lower second molars and first molars because food easily got trapped. I remember my dentist mentioned that the cavities were deep near the nerves. My dentist managed to fill the cavities around 3-4 years ago. However, when I eat / drink cold, the tooth reacts to cold and it gave me like a throbbing sensation on the lower second molars area.

My left hand side is even more complicated. The situation is worse because I lost my lower second premolar 12 years ago and I haven't done any bridge to fill the gap. The upper second premolar starts drifting down which I believe is called super eruption.

I did some researches online, many articles suggested to upright the second molar at young age. I wish I would have gotten a chance to do brace when I was still a teenager. At my age of 30, Is it too late to do the brace?

I am also planning to have a baby in this year or two. I am not sure if doing the brace works well with pregnancy plan.

Instead of upright the second molar, the study mentioned to extract the second molar as a least effective approach. If I choose to extract the lower second molar(s), I wonder if the wisdom tooth is going to come out? Any other alternatives besides these two?

I would like to get the problems as soon as possible but right now I am so dreaded at the same time. Any advice is truly appreciated.

I can provide X-ray of my lower left (impacted second molar, first molar, and missing second premolar) if needed.

Last edited by Smile0123; 01-20-2019 at 09:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or