U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 03:38 AM

13 posts, read 6,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
To me, it sounds like maybe your excessive brushing (my opinion based on previous posts) may have cause what is called an abrasion. You can read about them here: https://www.dentalhealth.ie/dentalhe...toothwear.html

The can be filled in easily.

This was mentioned to you before by another poster upthread. Get them taken care of.
that wasnt whats going on, so I just went ahead and took a couple pics. One pic you will see the gaps on my left side of my mouth(right side of pic), and i took just a general pic of my progress, note that my teeth were disgustingly yellow just a month ago, now they are very clean, even moreso than the pic looks.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 06:09 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,917,436 times
My suggestion is to see a dentist. If that’s an abrasion, a cavity or even something with your gum thru can diagnose and treat. We have a few dentists on the board they may be able to tell you what that is.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:33 PM

I was wondering if the Oral B pro-5000 is more powerfull than the Pro-500 i currently have, or does the 5000 just have more eletronic features?

Old 03-06-2019, 01:55 PM

12,763 posts, read 6,277,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by android17ak47 View Post
I was wondering if the Oral B pro-5000 is more powerfull than the Pro-500 i currently have, or does the 5000 just have more eletronic features?
I had thought people already suggested that the last thing you probably need is more power! You still seem to be lost in the weeds OP.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:01 PM

41,014 posts, read 50,759,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
OP I suspect you are overthinking this a bit. Using a water flosser instead of doing it the old fashioned manual way is just another option but may not make that much difference overall. Doing either is sort of the main point.

The differences between brush models are pretty fine details. As long as you actually use the brush for the recommended length of time on a regular basis it will work. Your enamel is already damaged...why risk more abrasion by using the more powerful brush? You are removing plaque and food, not cement!
I think a water flossed is superior to dental floss because it stimulate the gums and keeps them healthy.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:07 PM

41,014 posts, read 50,759,227 times
It’s great that you are taking care of your teeth. It’s too bad you waited so long. Go to a dentist. He or she will give you a plan to tackle your issues from most urgent to least, so you can fix things as your budget permits.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I had thought people already suggested that the last thing you probably need is more power! You still seem to be lost in the weeds OP.
i said my teeth arent damaged in any way, its my gums in 2 different spots that seemed to have dissappeared and exposed the underside of 2 different teeth. im not dumb enough to be asking about more powerful toothbrushes if i knew my teeth were being damaged.

now again, can someone tell me if the "oral b pro-5000" is more powerful than the 500 model, or is the 5000 just more electronically advanced?

Old 03-07-2019, 01:17 PM

3,082 posts, read 1,896,165 times
Just go to the company website and compare them.

The 500 has 2D oscillation and a 2-minute timer. https://oralb.com/en-us/products/ele...ric-toothbrush

The 5000 has 3D oscillation, extra timers, sensors, and lot of other stuff, plus bluetooth! for those who need to spend extra money on unnecessary gadgets and like to make simple things complicated. It's just a toothbrush, people.

https://oralb.com/en-us/products/ele...uide-bluetooth

Old 03-08-2019, 03:41 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,917,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by android17ak47 View Post
i said my teeth arent damaged in any way, its my gums in 2 different spots that seemed to have dissappeared and exposed the underside of 2 different teeth. im not dumb enough to be asking about more powerful toothbrushes if i knew my teeth were being damaged.

now again, can someone tell me if the "oral b pro-5000" is more powerful than the 500 model, or is the 5000 just more electronically advanced?
If your gums are receding your teeth are being damaged. You need to see a dentist.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
If your gums are receding your teeth are being damaged. You need to see a dentist.
I have an appointment next month. I just started using sensodyne pronamel enamel repair. i lightly brush my teeth using the "gentle gums" brushhead at night after my last snack before bed. These brushheads are expensive as heck, cost $36 for these oral b gentle gum brushheads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health