U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 03:00 PM

1,784 posts, read 1,763,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by android17ak47 View Post
I have an appointment next month. I just started using sensodyne pronamel enamel repair. i lightly brush my teeth using the "gentle gums" brushhead at night after my last snack before bed. These brushheads are expensive as heck, cost $36 for these oral b gentle gum brushheads.
Let us know how the appointment goes. I'm curious as to what that black bit is.

I also spend a lot on my daily oral hygiene products. Quality is never cheap.

I have always had excellent dental coverage so I am quite grateful to not have had to forego checkups and such at any point in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 11:42 PM

9,978 posts, read 16,724,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by android17ak47 View Post
i already started flossing and did notice some plaque come out from in between my teeth so thanks. my problem is that ive had a bad habit of eating bones, it became a habit from when i was a young teen teen in a boys home that starved me, and i started eating bones, usually when i eat chicken i began eating the bones and i believe that contributed to breakage. ive had sections of my molars just break off and expose the nerve, and had them removed. some day ill put out the $2k for implants and do my best to preserve the rest of my teeth.

You might want to consider dentures or partials until you can afford the implants. they will help keep your other teeth in line. Also, consider a waterpik, much more effective than flossing. I just use floss for short trips, too bulky to travel with. You can buy a waterpik at Walmart or Sams for about $50.

Old 05-05-2019, 02:56 AM

5 posts, read 1,718 times
Hi everybody. I also have problems with my teeth and my gums. I often suffer from swollen and bleeding gums while I brush. Also, my teeth and my gums are very sensitive as well. I've tried different tooth paste mouth wash but nothing really helped. I've read an article at beauty-tips-and-tricks.com/ about DazzlePro Clean Case UV Sanitizer. They claim that this device can help in such cases. Has anyone tried this device?

Old 05-07-2019, 03:24 PM

1,784 posts, read 1,763,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret81 View Post
Hi everybody. I also have problems with my teeth and my gums. I often suffer from swollen and bleeding gums while I brush. Also, my teeth and my gums are very sensitive as well. I've tried different tooth paste mouth wash but nothing really helped. I've read an article at beauty-tips-and-tricks.com/ about DazzlePro Clean Case UV Sanitizer. They claim that this device can help in such cases. Has anyone tried this device?
What does your dentist say? Healthy gums don't bleed when brushing.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:59 PM

5 posts, read 1,718 times
He claims that bacteria has set in and caused an infection.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:08 PM

2,900 posts, read 1,632,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret81 View Post
The UV sanitizer advertised there is to be used on mouth guards and retainers, not on your teeth. Using it will do absolutely nothing for bleeding gums and sensitive teeth (and likely nothing for your mouth guard/retainer either).

Bleeding gums means you have gingivitis, which means you need to have your teeth professionally cleaned at the dentist (so the teeth surfaces are completely smooth with no rough calculus/tartar under the gums), and then start flossing every day at home. That will keep the bacteria/plaque off the tooth surfaces so your gums can get healthy again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or