Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 03:07 PM

233 posts, read 155,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by android17ak47 View Post
Ok, just 2 weeks ago I purchased my first electronic tooth bruch, oral b pro 500, and have had lots of fun with it so I have been cleaning after every meal like I should have been, but I'm 35yrs old and I had stopped brushing regularly when I was in my early 20's, and as a result I have lost 3 of my molars, so my main concerns are to preserve the rest of my teeth.

To begin with I'd highly reco a holistic dentist over any ordinary dentist, and follow their reco. I had a decent dentist but made uninformed choices, root canals came out, so did the leaking amalgams....

You probably like your dentist as I did, but after not getting any more free dental as a senior , I finally had to get another as my stroke dictated AND retired holistic dental friend reco'd AND all the bad stuff is out.
I had EDTA therapy to my veins instead of blood thinners, iv at 1st, then in capsules, and it worked, no side effects either.

BUT not to be a wet blanket but a closer look at your diet is needed [ westonaprice.org/wp-content/uploads/MainBrochure.pdf ] simply copy/paste into browser and go..I'm just gonna let you read, then decide what you can do or are willing to do......

Best wishes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 07:49 PM

13 posts, read 10,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
The chips above the gums sound like abrasion from brushing too hard. It's common and I've seen it many times.

Yes, floss.
the damage occured the past few years while not taking care of my teeth properly. i only just started doing it recently since i got these expensive electronic toothbrushes. i havent been pressing down too hard while cleaning, i just let the brush head do the work one tooth at a time for 2 minutes as instructions recommended,

is it possible to brush too much? ive been cleaning upwards to 5,6 times a day after everytime i consume any nonwater beverage or food.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
To begin with I'd highly reco a holistic dentist over any ordinary dentist, and follow their reco. I had a decent dentist but made uninformed choices, root canals came out, so did the leaking amalgams....

You probably like your dentist as I did, but after not getting any more free dental as a senior , I finally had to get another as my stroke dictated AND retired holistic dental friend reco'd AND all the bad stuff is out.
I had EDTA therapy to my veins instead of blood thinners, iv at 1st, then in capsules, and it worked, no side effects either.

BUT not to be a wet blanket but a closer look at your diet is needed [ westonaprice.org/wp-content/uploads/MainBrochure.pdf ] simply copy/paste into browser and go..I'm just gonna let you read, then decide what you can do or are willing to do......

Best wishes
well i have adjusted my diet for the sake of loosing weight, but it is seemingly next to impossible for someone like me with my body mass to make and stick with a drastic change. i have a big body that craves carbs, so its been changes little by little, and so far my diet has rewarded me with 60lb loss this past 6 months, and the loss has come to a hault and its because i need to get more exercise. i only honestly eat 2 meals a day but they are larger than normal mostly consisting of chicken, but its of the fried variety lol. i only drink sweet tea, which ik is the most harmful thing i consume atm but i ve been brushing immediately after drinking a cup of it. i do drink lots of water too.

im going to cut down on my portions at meal time once after going grocery shopping next time. i dont get any exercise at work, it all working around and under vehicles. im just too sore after work to do anything....

Old 02-11-2019, 08:08 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
[quote=android17ak47;54408145
is it possible to brush too much? ive been cleaning upwards to 5,6 times a day after everytime i consume any nonwater beverage or food.[/QUOTE]

Sounds obsessive OP. None of this is going to make up for lost time you know. The past is the past.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Sounds obsessive OP. None of this is going to make up for lost time you know. The past is the past.
ya i know but i can make for a healthier future for my teeth. i have noticed my teeth color getting much lighter, so i know one of the toothpastes are working. i need fillings and replacements, i cant wait to get a water pick lol.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:15 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,978,672 times
Quote:
the damage occured the past few years while not taking care of my teeth properly. i only just started doing it recently since i got these expensive electronic toothbrushes. i havent been pressing down too hard while cleaning, i just let the brush head do the work one tooth at a time for 2 minutes as instructions recommended,

is it possible to brush too much
? ive been cleaning upwards to 5,6 times a day after everytime i consume any nonwater beverage or food.
Yes, it's possible to brush too much. You are removing soft plaque from your teeth, not cement. It only takes a light hand to remove it.

I don't know why you say the damage is from not taking care of your teeth properly in the past; the damage you're referring to happened because you were brushing too hard. You've overdone it in the past, and you're overdoing it again now.

You seem to get obsessive about cleaning your teeth. Give them a break.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:19 PM

follow up:

my teeth are now very white from regular brushing after every meal and before bed. 3 of my teeth however now have exposed bottoms due to some of my gums dissappearing revealing the insides of the bottoms of those teeth. i believe this has come from flossing too much. ive only flossed after meals. my gums look to be in great health so it confuses me why some of the gum has dissappeared and am worried about rotting of those 3 teeth with exposed bottoms.

i just today bought both oral b cross action brushheads, and the heads for gentle gum cleaning. costed me $72 for each 3 pack of these brush heads lol very expensive ide say but they are very comfortable cleanings.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:20 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,978,672 times
Quote:
follow up:

my teeth are now very white from regular brushing after every meal and before bed. 3 of my teeth however now have exposed bottoms due to some of my gums dissappearing revealing the insides of the bottoms of those teeth. i believe this has come from flossing too much. ive only flossed after meals. my gums look to be in great health so it confuses me why some of the gum has dissappeared and am worried about rotting of those 3 teeth with exposed bottoms.

i just today bought both oral b cross action brushheads, and the heads for gentle gum cleaning. costed me $72 for each 3 pack of these brush heads lol very expensive ide say but they are very comfortable cleanings.

No, that isn't caused by flossing.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
No, that isn't caused by flossing.
This happened only after I started cleaning regularly.

Is there anything a dentist can do to fix this problem? I have an appointment to get a couple fillings next month. I wonder if I address this if these gaps exposing the insides of the bottoms of my teeth.

I can take pics to show what I am talking about. Maybe yall can give me advice.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:11 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,763,844 times
Quote:
This happened only after I started cleaning regularly.

Is there anything a dentist can do to fix this problem? I have an appointment to get a couple fillings next month. I wonder if I address this if these gaps exposing the insides of the bottoms of my teeth.

I can take pics to show what I am talking about. Maybe yall can give me advice.

To me, it sounds like maybe your excessive brushing (my opinion based on previous posts) may have cause what is called an abrasion. You can read about them here: https://www.dentalhealth.ie/dentalhe...toothwear.html

The can be filled in easily.

This was mentioned to you before by another poster upthread. Get them taken care of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health