Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 05:57 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,770 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any homeopathic dental supplements that focus on gum health/strength? Primarily looking at grape seed extract, but also other things like CoQ10, folic acid, echinacea, and green tea extract. I could buy all of these separately, but I'd rather have a supplement that contains several of them.

I've looked around online and in stores but can't find anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 07:53 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
Honestly, all you need to do is remove plaque from your teeth every day, with a soft toothbrush and floss. It's not complicated. Fluoride in your toothpaste is very helpful. Supplements are totally unnecessary and a waste of money.

Removing plaque is the key to dental health. I don't know why people don't understand that. It's so simple.

But what do I know....I've only seen thousands and thousands and thousands of teeth in my dental chair.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:44 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,439 times
Rinse and spit grease. Push it between your teeth or something like that.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:16 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Honestly, all you need to do is remove plaque from your teeth every day, with a soft toothbrush and floss. It's not complicated. Fluoride in your toothpaste is very helpful. Supplements are totally unnecessary and a waste of money.

Removing plaque is the key to dental health. I don't know why people don't understand that. It's so simple.

But what do I know....I've only seen thousands and thousands and thousands of teeth in my dental chair.
I do this and I still had receding gums (brush 3x a day and floss before bed). I'm willing to try anything to make sure I never have to go through a gum graft again.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:13 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
I do this and I still had receding gums (brush 3x a day and floss before bed). I'm willing to try anything to make sure I never have to go through a gum graft again.
I agree with the poster who said keep the placque off your teeth. HOWEVER, a few years ago, no matter how much I cleaned I had terrible gum problems. I have done two things since then which cleared up EVERYTHING in my mouth including some long standing infections. First, I mix my own tooth powder which includes bentonite clay, along with a few herbs, calcium and salt. But the big thing I recommend here is Xylitol - this stuff is a miracle worker, and I found out about it through a dentist. You buy the granules, it looks and tastes exactly like sugar but it isn't. After you brush, take 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of granules and let them melt in your mouth for a few minutes - it creates a lot of saliva, so it becomes a sort of mouthwash. You can then spit or swallow it. I originally bought it for dry mouth which it works wonders for. My teeth stay amazingly clean, as though I had just had them professionally polished. Xylitol works by destroying certain bacteria, while keeping your mouth with sufficient saliva.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:26 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
OP: While I so believe in homeopathic, I so believe in Grape Seed Ex and my gum health. I've posted my story here and the history of when I was told probably 30 yrs about recession and today, no recession and gums nice and healthy. I feel the same way pretty much about Vit C and our gums, Grape Seed Ex is said to be 20X's more powerful than C. I use them both.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
1. Do you smoke?

2. It's possible that you're not brushing and flossing correctly. Gum recession can be caused by brushing too hard, and/or brushing with a hard brush.

Also, some people just slop on some toothpaste, swish it around with a toothbrush, and call it done, because toothpaste tastes fresh, so they think they must have done a good job at brushing, since their mouth tastes fresh. A fresh taste in your mouth doesn't mean you got rid of the plaque.

Also, very often patients are not patient at learning how to floss properly.

Your dentist or hygienist can evaluate your brushing and flossing techniques and recommend changes to the way you brush and floss. Ask them to do this for you, and pay attention when they do. Most patients do not pay attention when they are given instruction, and they are too impatient to learn how to floss right.

3. No supplement will do anything for you if you don't floss and brush correctly.

99% of patients answer "not as often as I should" when I ask them if they're flossing. The other 1% lie.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
O.G. On #3, I will disagree with you since I have many years of supplement and healthy non recessive gums...if you don't know by your own use, you can't agree I guess.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
O.G. On #3, I will disagree with you since I have many years of supplement and healthy non recessive gums...if you don't know by your own use, you can't agree I guess.

Go to dental school, then treat thousands and thousands of patients, then I'll take your word for it.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:16 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,439 times
Dr. Jamin has spoken. Don't confuse everyone with facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health