U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 05:22 AM

11 posts, read 5,991 times

Advertisements

Hi guus. Back. I saw the dentist last week and was told no issues. Though I'm in constant pain on tooth 13,14,15. I saw a dentist today and he seems to think it's either nerve issues, results of grinding or i need braces

. I've just noticed one of my teeth is hitting my tongue when I close my mouth slot and when I swallow alot of pressure is going onto my tooth. What does this mean? This tooth is placed lower than the ones next to it. That's the problem isn't it? What can I do to fix this? I'm still having a lot of pain too. So upset ☹️☹️

Last edited by Redordead100; 03-21-2019 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: mistake
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 05:47 AM

41,014 posts, read 50,759,227 times
Try another dentist. If you are in pain, then something is wrong that needs to be addressed.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Try another dentist. If you are in pain, then something is wrong that needs to be addressed.

I did I've seen two in past week and a half. The dentist flossed one of the areas that's giving me alot discomfort and no blood came out. Just before I flossed and a bit of blood came out in the same area. Only 8 hours after he did it. Os this a problem?

Old 03-21-2019, 10:18 AM

2,561 posts, read 1,421,964 times
A dentist shouldn't dismiss pain.

I personally clench my jaw and that has caused issues with my teeth. Mouth guard might be helpful.

You could have nerve damage or infection in the teeth causing pain. Might need root canal treatment. Did they do any x-rays?

Old 03-21-2019, 01:20 PM

3,082 posts, read 1,896,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead100 View Post
Hi guus. Back. I saw the dentist last week and was told no issues. Though I'm in constant pain on tooth 13,14,15. I saw a dentist today and he seems to think it's either nerve issues, results of grinding or i need braces

. I've just noticed one of my teeth is hitting my tongue when I close my mouth slot and when I swallow alot of pressure is going onto my tooth. What does this mean? This tooth is placed lower than the ones next to it. That's the problem isn't it? What can I do to fix this? I'm still having a lot of pain too. So upset ☹️☹️

The dentist already told you...it's either nerve issues, results of grinding, or you need braces.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:50 AM

Back again. Will need to get out my wisdom teeth three all up and one impacted tooth next to it. I just have one more issue. No more pain. Though the front two teeth the gum feels tight, stretchy and painful. Im not sure if it's the gum in the middle or next to the too right tooth. I was licking underneath the two incisiors two weeks ago I don't think this has helped. I saw the dentist today and had a clean. Anyway my problem is I'm finding it difficult to talk freely because of this. Its actually a struggle to talk and I'm not talking freely. Xraye have been done. I feel like my right top tooth is hitting the inside of my loos when I talk and that the tooth feels like it's going to fall. I grind at night. I'm not sure what else to do. This is depressing

Old 04-14-2019, 03:53 PM

12,763 posts, read 6,277,227 times
Quote:
Back again. Will need to get out my wisdom teeth three all up and one impacted tooth next to it. I just have one more issue. No more pain. Though the front two teeth the gum feels tight, stretchy and painful. Im not sure if it's the gum in the middle or next to the too right tooth. I was licking underneath the two incisiors two weeks ago I don't think this has helped. I saw the dentist today and had a clean. Anyway my problem is I'm finding it difficult to talk freely because of this. Its actually a struggle to talk and I'm not talking freely. Xraye have been done. I feel like my right top tooth is hitting the inside of my loos when I talk and that the tooth feels like it's going to fall. I grind at night. I'm not sure what else to do. This is depressing
Don't understand what you are trying to describe. What has your dentist done since you last posted? If you are grinding your teeth you are going to continue to damage them. If you grind your jaw muscles may feel stiff and painful the next day. Is that what you mean about not being "able to talk"? Didn't the dentist suggest using a night guard?

Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Don't understand what you are trying to describe. What has your dentist done since you last posted? If you are grinding your teeth you are going to continue to damage them. If you grind your jaw muscles may feel stiff and painful the next day. Is that what you mean about not being "able to talk"? Didn't the dentist suggest using a night guard?

Yes he did. I'm gonna use it tonight. I got one off eBay. My problem is the top two teeth and the one next to the right sided top tooth always feel heavy/painful/tight. It's effecting my speech. When I speak i feel pain in my front two teeth at the top. When I open my jaw wide I can feel a gum being stretched if that makes any sense. I did bite into a blanket a few weeks ago on both the fronttwo teeth as I felt like they werent there. I'm not sure what else I can say. I'm going again to a dental hospital on Wednesday. I'm so depreseed and miserable. Honestly wish I was dead. I hate living. Always in pain. I find when I eat it helps numb the discomfort s little bit and I can talk. I spent a few hours today talking with my hand In front of my mouth. I cannot speak freely anymore. My right cheek is supposedly a little swollen though I've heard that a few times before even by dentists and they tell me nope you have no issue. Can bruxhism off the top teeth along with biting on a blanket cause a speech impediment due to constwnt pain/pressure/discomfort. I have no idea what to do anymore. Tired. Also I should mention I find that in the morning just after I wake up, I'm able to speak freely at the most at that time as most of the issues I can't feel at this point. Right now I can speak, no pain in teeth but gum feels really strechtchy. I'm sorry for the rant/long message. Im not sure what else I can say. I honestly hope I don't wake up after tonight's sleep.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:17 PM

12,763 posts, read 6,277,227 times
Quote:
Yes he did. I'm gonna use it tonight. I got one off eBay. My problem is the top two teeth and the one next to the right sided top tooth always feel heavy/painful/tight. It's effecting my speech. When I speak i feel pain in my front two teeth at the top. When I open my jaw wide I can feel a gum being stretched if that makes any sense. I did bite into a blanket a few weeks ago on both the fronttwo teeth as I felt like they werent there. I'm not sure what else I can say. I'm going again to a dental hospital on Wednesday. I'm so depreseed and miserable. Honestly wish I was dead. I hate living. Always in pain. I find when I eat it helps numb the discomfort s little bit and I can talk. I spent a few hours today talking with my hand In front of my mouth. I cannot speak freely anymore. My right cheek is supposedly a little swollen though I've heard that a few times before even by dentists and they tell me nope you have no issue. Can bruxhism off the top teeth along with biting on a blanket cause a speech impediment due to constwnt pain/pressure/discomfort. I have no idea what to do anymore. Tired. Also I should mention I find that in the morning just after I wake up, I'm able to speak freely at the most at that time as most of the issues I can't feel at this point. Right now I can speak, no pain in teeth but gum feels really strechtchy. I'm sorry for the rant/long message. Im not sure what else I can say. I honestly hope I don't wake up after tonight's sleep.
Use the night guard consistently. TMJ/bruxism creates pain and muscle tension all over your head. Preventing it will probably ease a lot of your problems IF they are in fact caused by clenching and grinding. You may feel some relief pretty quickly (but everyone's different so no one can guarantee this obviously ).

OK, anecdote time. I was also a grinder and had a lot of jaw, gum, and facial pain because of it. My dentist built me a guard and suggested I start off wearing it day and night (except when eating) at first because in reality, many people clench their jaw a lot of the time. It is a habit. He also set me up with a PT to learn stretches to relax face, jaw, neck, even shoulders. It is all connected and the stretches did help.

The guard really did what it was supposed to do; I was skeptical at first but he was right. After using it a couple of months I cut back and only wore it at night. The first few nights I wore it my teeth were a little sensitive because it does change the angle of your jaw slightly (in a good way), probably similar to someone who's just gotten braces. That stopped quickly. I noticed relief from the jaw and face pain in just a few days. No one had to convince me to keep using it!! The relief can be life-changing. Hope it is for you too.

Old 04-17-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Use the night guard consistently. TMJ/bruxism creates pain and muscle tension all over your head. Preventing it will probably ease a lot of your problems IF they are in fact caused by clenching and grinding. You may feel some relief pretty quickly (but everyone's different so no one can guarantee this obviously ).

OK, anecdote time. I was also a grinder and had a lot of jaw, gum, and facial pain because of it. My dentist built me a guard and suggested I start off wearing it day and night (except when eating) at first because in reality, many people clench their jaw a lot of the time. It is a habit. He also set me up with a PT to learn stretches to relax face, jaw, neck, even shoulders. It is all connected and the stretches did help.

The guard really did what it was supposed to do; I was skeptical at first but he was right. After using it a couple of months I cut back and only wore it at night. The first few nights I wore it my teeth were a little sensitive because it does change the angle of your jaw slightly (in a good way), probably similar to someone who's just gotten braces. That stopped quickly. I noticed relief from the jaw and face pain in just a few days. No one had to convince me to keep using it!! The relief can be life-changing. Hope it is for you too.

I used the basic one my teeth don't hurt anymore. A senior dentist told me not to use an eBay one but to buy a proper moulded one. I'm still finding it difficult to talk freely. Can slightly dropped teeth cause speech issues if they're the front two teeth? As I feel/know the front two have dropped a bit. No idea why the dentists haven't noticed this. I believe I've mentioned it but I'm not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health