U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 05:10 AM

11 posts, read 4,262 times

Advertisements

Hi first post guys. I hope everyone welcomes me. I just want to share my frrustrafions in the hope of some good advice and opinions though obviously only the dentist will give me the best advice since they will see me. I have an app next week. It it would be foolish of me not to believe I can receive good advice on here too. I hope everybody who is reading this is having a good day, a better day than me.

Starters I grind at night it’s gotten to the point my left incisor has been chipped a lil bit and my right incisor when I joined them up and compare size is a tad longer than the left incisor. I’m not sure how much of an issue this will be. Maybe a mouthguard? I have a feeling my right incisor is also dead/numb since I can’t really feel it much anymore. I can still eat normally but it feels different. I’m used to not noticing my teeth they’re just there and now I can notice right ibcisor it feels like it’s gone down a tad bit. I’m not sure what else I can say here ☹️

Going on wards the two teeth next to my right incisor are bothering me. The closest one is cloesely tired with it and as such it’s made it impossible to reguarly floss. When I do floss my right incisor ends up feeling tight at the bottom. Really tight. The gums on the teeth next to my right incisor feel stretchy and big and it feels like one of the teeth are loose though they aren’t. It almost feels like I can feel them but they’re not there. It’s more so the gums than the teeth. At times the pressure from the gums moves and hangs in between my two incisor teeth at the top. Two weeks ago on my right side probably four or five tooth’s down I felt this uncomfortable pain on my teeth. Not the gums. It’s mainly the gums that feel bigger/stressed. Also, I just noticed I have a tiny dot on the top of my gum on the secon tooth from my right incisor. It’s tiny.

I have not taking out my wisdom teeth out yet. I’m in my mid 20s. For the past few years I reguarly have a check up and clean. Last clean I had was in early October last year.

Any responses are appreciated and if further info is required I’ll be more than happy to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 05:11 AM

Btw username is about football team

I hope I get replies 🙏

Old 03-09-2019, 04:20 PM

2,900 posts, read 1,632,855 times
A mouth guard may be in order, yes.

From your descriptions of your gum problems, it sounds like you could possibly have gingivitis. You can read about it here: https://www.healthline.com/health/gingivitis#symptoms

Old 03-09-2019, 04:39 PM

579 posts, read 206,575 times
You already have been to many cleanings ? And your dentist has never done a full set of xrays on your teeth, has not done the gum receding measurements ?

All of your issues stated should be made known to your dentist asap. You only have one set of adult teeth, and you do NOT want the next set installed called "dentures". Good Luck and JMO.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greglovesoldtrucks View Post
You already have been to many cleanings ? And your dentist has never done a full set of xrays on your teeth, has not done the gum receding measurements ?

All of your issues stated should be made known to your dentist asap. You only have one set of adult teeth, and you do NOT want the next set installed called "dentures". Good Luck and JMO.
I haven’t done a through cleaning since early 2017. I did a mini one last sep/October at a diff dentist. I’ve been ill since late 2017 so my focus has been elsewhere. If things went normally I wouldn’t be in this position.
I also should add I have a red dot on one of my gums if I haven’t said that and in the last week three times a tiny bit of blood has come out of two gums (incisor and tooth next to it). Just twenty minute sago wen I brushed a tiny bit of blood came out of incisor tooth 🙁

Old 03-09-2019, 05:44 PM

579 posts, read 206,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead100 View Post
I haven’t done a through cleaning since early 2017. I did a mini one last sep/October at a diff dentist. I’ve been ill since late 2017 so my focus has been elsewhere. If things went normally I wouldn’t be in this position.
I also should add I have a red dot on one of my gums if I haven’t said that and in the last week three times a tiny bit of blood has come out of two gums (incisor and tooth next to it). Just twenty minute sago wen I brushed a tiny bit of blood came out of incisor tooth ��

Git to your dentist as soon as possible. Could be a cracked incisor or gum disease starting. 17 months is too long between checkups and take care of your teeth, I repeat.... think NO dentures ever.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greglovesoldtrucks View Post
Git to your dentist as soon as possible. Could be a cracked incisor or gum disease starting. 17 months is too long between checkups and take care of your teeth, I repeat.... think NO dentures ever.

I did have a checkup in October as I said tho it was a small one. The dentist who gave me a clean also gave me a check up. She was happy. If it’s gum disease what will I need to do??

Old 03-10-2019, 05:07 AM

Also my lips are constantly dry even with s decent amount of water

Old 03-10-2019, 12:15 PM

Also I take regular medication. Nurofen for ost year not everyday but I’ve taken it a lot

Old 03-10-2019, 12:21 PM

2,900 posts, read 1,632,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead100 View Post
. If it’s gum disease what will I need to do??

Get a cleaning at the dentist office to remove any hardened plaque (calculus) under the gums, then start flossing every day at home. With that, the bleeding will stop, and the gums will return to a healthy state, unless you have advanced gum disease (periodontal disease), but at your age, it's probably early gum disease (gingivitis).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or