Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,702 times

Advertisements

Please help. So I am peteified of the dentists but i went for a check up and to my horror i was advised i needed to fillings. This was diagnosed without an xray and was told if i dont get the procedure done this situation will worsen. He drilled and i chose to have white fillings. These fillings were done and I went home the bite felt off and i made an appointment with dentist a week after that's all they had. There was no pain whatsoever that whole week, he adjusted the fillings slightly (both fillings are next to each other) and the next day i started to get a pain on one of the fillings only when biting on food. A sharp quick pain that goes straight away.

I have since been back twice the fillings are small and no where near the nerves and they did an xray and everything seems fine. He trimmed a lot off the filling today and told me to eat soft foods for the next couple of days. I dont get the pain with soft foods now and theres no pain when i bite down as the filling has been trimmed. I ate some toast and i am still getting that sharp pain.

How long until that pain will go if the problem is a high bite or is looking likely to be a crack. And if it is a crack will they drill more and fill or will i lose this tooth. Im so upset as i had no pain whatsoever before these filllings

Also when the filling was first done i told him the bite feels high and he said no no no and didn't check it with biting slip. So as i spent one week after with a high bite could this have possibly made it crack or am i worried to much and should leave floor a few more days. Is this sharp pain and goes quickly normal. What also worries me is that it started hurting 8 days after the procedure so could the crack been them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 11:04 AM

3,021 posts, read 5,832,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_morocco View Post
Please help. So I am peteified of the dentists but i went for a check up and to my horror i was advised i needed to fillings. This was diagnosed without an xray and was told if i dont get the procedure done this situation will worsen.

Didn't they take a full set of x-rays at that visit, since it sounds like you don't go to the dentist regularly?

I go to the dentist every six months for a check-up & cleaning, and they do x-rays as a matter of course every two years.

And, definitely x-ray before any procedure is decided upon.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:04 PM

4 posts, read 3,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_morocco View Post
Please help. So I am peteified of the dentists but i went for a check up and to my horror i was advised i needed to fillings. This was diagnosed without an xray and was told if i dont get the procedure done this situation will worsen. He drilled and i chose to have white fillings. These fillings were done and I went home the bite felt off and i made an appointment with dentist a week after that's all they had. There was no pain whatsoever that whole week, he adjusted the fillings slightly (both fillings are next to each other) and the next day i started to get a pain on one of the fillings only when biting on food. A sharp quick pain that goes straight away.

I have since been back twice the fillings are small and no where near the nerves and they did an xray and everything seems fine. He trimmed a lot off the filling today and told me to eat soft foods for the next couple of days. I dont get the pain with soft foods now and theres no pain when i bite down as the filling has been trimmed. I ate some toast and i am still getting that sharp pain.

How long until that pain will go if the problem is a high bite or is looking likely to be a crack. And if it is a crack will they drill more and fill or will i lose this tooth. Im so upset as i had no pain whatsoever before these filllings

Also when the filling was first done i told him the bite feels high and he said no no no and didn't check it with biting slip. So as i spent one week after with a high bite could this have possibly made it crack or am i worried to much and should leave floor a few more days. Is this sharp pain and goes quickly normal. What also worries me is that it started hurting 8 days after the procedure so could the crack been them.

Hi able to share how you resolve this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health