U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 04:30 AM

5 posts, read 2,819 times

Advertisements

I think I have healthy gums, but this part above my molar seems odd, I am also experienching something sharp like a pain but not serious, The filling seems fine but this part of the gums seems off to me, my gums don't bleed when I brush and they look healthy to me so what is this
https://imgur.com/a/oRnazec
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 09:25 AM

37,913 posts, read 17,750,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muiz View Post
I think I have healthy gums, but this part above my molar seems odd, I am also experienching something sharp like a pain but not serious, The filling seems fine but this part of the gums seems off to me, my gums don't bleed when I brush and they look healthy to me so what is this
https://imgur.com/a/oRnazec
It look like your gums have receded there. But I don't think that would cause sharp pain. Why not go to a dentist and have it checked out?

Old 04-18-2019, 09:27 AM

1,765 posts, read 791,139 times
I agree... receding gums. Brush more gently and consider going to your dentist to measure your pockets.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:49 PM

3,082 posts, read 1,896,165 times
The root is exposed from gum recession. Use Sensodyne for sensitivity, and get in to see a dentist.

Also, in the future, use a soft toothbrush, don't scrub it back and forth, use tiny circular motions when brushing, or you're likely to get more gum recession in other places.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:37 PM

i think i have to agree, from yesterday i started brushing gently and using listerine and the pain has gone, i felt SOMETHING on the bottom molar as well but it's all gone now, argh i should have known not to brush too hard, when i was 14 my dental health was very bad all my fillings are from back then and i have a missing molar from then too, ever since then i've been serious on brushing everyday so i've also been brushing hard too since, because of paranoia

Old 04-18-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It look like your gums have receded there. But I don't think that would cause sharp pain. Why not go to a dentist and have it checked out?
thanks i will, i think it's causing me a bit of pain because of how hard i was brushing, when i touched my gums with my tongue i felt the same "pain", i can't say pain because it isn't that painful but it's something abnormal

Old 04-18-2019, 06:51 PM

37,913 posts, read 17,750,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muiz View Post
thanks i will, i think it's causing me a bit of pain because of how hard i was brushing, when i touched my gums with my tongue i felt the same "pain", i can't say pain because it isn't that painful but it's something abnormal
Get a soft toothbrush, or an electric toothbrush, I think they all come with soft heads. Brushing hard doesn't make your teeth cleaner but it can damage your gums. If you aren't doing so you should also floss.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:25 PM

Thanks will do, if only i wasn't a dumb kid i could have had perfect teeth that only need some minor alignment with braces,#

Old 04-18-2019, 08:27 PM

6,472 posts, read 3,316,033 times
You have gum recession your tooth root is exposed causing the pain.

I had gum grafting surgery to fix that had 2 teeth in the front receding I put it off for long time I could not take the pain anymore I'm about 4 weeks post surgery. This will be my 2nd gum surgery in 5 years.

Do your gums bleed when you floss? How often do you see a dentist to clean your teeth the gum is receding likely because the tooth has build of tarter there and bacteria builds up in the tarter the gum pulls away from it.

You need to see a dentist before it gets worse.

Ask about Pinhole Gum Procedure I didn't know about this procedure. I got the gum graft which is the oldest way to fix it sometimes I guess all you can get.

Example of pinhole gum procedure> https://www.moorestownsmiles.com/pinhole-gum-procedure/ >

You might be like me we have more gum issues less tooth decay it can be hereditary. I didn't know this until my mother said the other day "Oh ya your father had that surgery on his gum" He passed away 30 years ago I had no idea. If your like me with gum issues have to take extra care of them might have to get more cleanings a year never go to bed without flossing and use a good disinfectant rinse. I now use something the periodontal doctor gave me it works well. The problem I have is I don't keep up on it after a few years I slack off on the flossing and getting the cleanings back getting a gum graft again.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:28 PM

no i think this is caused by brushing hard because my gums never bleed and only MILDLY bleed when i brush hard which i shouldnt have done, this recession is caused by that, i went to the dentist last i think like 2017 and had tartar clean up, i dont have tartar now and my gums and teeth are healthy, but i will still book an appointment

no i dont floss either, my brother is a heavy smoke and only brushes and has no cavities or fillings, my sister and other brother are the same too, my dad has bad teeth but because he never brushed and my mum's are probably the same because they dont brush but i think my only problem is that i brushed too hard, like way too hard until they started to bleed, so since yesterday i've been brushing gently and using listerine and the pain has gone

thanks for informing me on this though and i will book an appointment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health