Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2019, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,132 times

Advertisements

The story goes in Oct of 2018 I had a 2nd R upper molar filled and was a deep cavity and the left 2nd upper molar was extracted since I had already lost the bottom 2nd molar on that side. My dentist from last year had a stroke so I needed a new one. This new dentist filled the tooth next to that 2nd molar and then told me that 2nd molar on the upper right side I had filled last year needed to be refilled because of an air pocket or sometjing and if it wasnt refilled i might need abroot canal in the future. So on 7/9/19 she refilled it and then that day the pain began which went into my ear and my eye was bothering me. I called and she put me on clindomyacin but i cant take that due to gastro issues. So I went on keflex flash forward another week still in a lot of pain so ahe sent me to an endontist. He suggested a root canal on that tooth or extraction. But they couldnt get me in for a root canal until August 12th. The pain only got worsse and i began having a low grade fever. And pain in my head. So i freaked out and called a oral surgeon for an emergency appointment. He said it needed to be pulled and the pain would go away. He said the tooth was infected at the root. Sobhe pulled it.

Flash forward to today its been 10 or 11 days and im still in pain and now my cheek hurts and my eye pain is worse. I saw the oral surgeon again and he disregarded me. Im bavk on keflex and still hurt. The anxiety and pain and my eye tearing up feeling strained is unbearable. I was on 800mg of prescription ibuprofen and it helped but the iver the counter stuff even 4 pills of 200mg does not work as compared to the prescription pill for some reason. I dont know why. But i dont know what to do. Im freaking out! Could i have an infection that spread into my face? The dentist and oral surgeon said the extraction sight was fine and clean and healing well but my pain is not going away its even worse after the extraction! I regret the extraction a lot now and my teeth seem to have shifted and I have tmj and my jaw pops now everytime i eat. I dont know what to do. Maybe I should go to the ER for a CT scan? But i have already had 10 of those and im 41.

This sucks. I thought pulling the tooth would end this nightmate but its only worse. Could i have nerve damage or a massive infection. I dont know. Is this normal after 10 days? Im getting any better and my breath is horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 08:44 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,258 times
Hmm. My mother had horrible dental pain after she had some work done. She went to 3 different dentists to get various opinions and they all said there was no reason for the pain. Fortunately the last one referred her to a neurologist. She had a small but fast-growing benign tumor in her neck. It was quite a coincidence. She had it removed and the pain was gone.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,132 times
How did they find or diagnose the tumor? MRI or CT Scan?

Old 08-18-2019, 09:13 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,258 times
Hmm that I don’t know.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:17 PM

194 posts, read 221,977 times
I just had wisdom extracted & experienced pain radiating to my ears & head. My dentist gave me his cell so I called him fighting back the tears in excruciating pain & he met me on a Sunday within an hour. I had a dry socket & he packed it with medicine & clove oil. Instant relief. I currently get a headache on the opposite side from initial pain when pain meds are wearing off but it’s manageable unlike that dry socket pain that neither Percocet nor ibuprofen helped. Get a second opinion or go to urgent care if need be. The dentist should care about your comfort & that you’re not suffering in pain!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health