Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,929 times

Advertisements

It’s been a weird week to say the least... I had my wisdom teeth removed 7 days ago, and I was just starting to return to some more solid food. 2 days ago, I was eating a quesadilla when an onion well weird on my back molar gums, and it popped the gun right off of the molar. This gum was located on the molar right next to where my wisdom teeth were and was still a little swollen at the time. Now 2 days later, the gum is still not adhered to the tooth, and I’m starting to get concerned. The gum will sit where it used to, but can still be peeled off. Is this normal/not uncommon after wisdom tooth removal or should I be concerned? I have a relatively clean dental history and nothing but one cavity on my record.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 08:52 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,756,532 times
The strange thing is that those on the internet who actually know the answer are the ones who are subjected to liability. This is an easy one. There are dentists here who know the answer but lawyers prohibit them from answering. But there is nothing to keep the quacks here from telling you to swish grease.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:24 PM

118 posts, read 106,184 times
Have you asked your dentist? They should be able to help. Most dentists I know are very helpful.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:27 PM

3,950 posts, read 4,188,738 times
Go back to see the oral surgeon who removed the wisdom tooth. They may not charge you, since it is a follow-up to the surgery. Regardless, it needs to be looked-at. Might be perfectly OK, but a dental professional, preferably the oral surgeon, needs to see it and decide.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:04 PM

9 posts, read 15,135 times
I wonder if any one can advise. My dad, in his early 70s is to have his wisdom tooth extr, as it is too far gone t fix via a filling. I appreciate that a wisdom tooth extraction is essentially a younger person’s op, & as with any op, even a kinda routine one like wisdom tooth, ‘age’ carries greater risks, specially in the recovery process, when complications can happen, ore so when the patient is young
Anyone here had experience a sregards this process as regards an older person?
Thanks

Old 09-01-2019, 06:11 PM

233 posts, read 152,542 times
Default Gums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboez00 View Post
It’s been a weird week to say the least... I had my wisdom teeth removed 7 days ago, and I was just starting to return to some more solid food. 2 days ago, I was eating a quesadilla when an onion well weird on my back molar gums, and it popped the gun right off of the molar. This gum was located on the molar right next to where my wisdom teeth were and was still a little swollen at the time. Now 2 days later, the gum is still not adhered to the tooth, and I’m starting to get concerned. The gum will sit where it used to, but can still be peeled off. Is this normal/not uncommon after wisdom tooth removal or should I be concerned? I have a relatively clean dental history and nothing but one cavity on my record.

I improved my gum health by taking 12 grams a day of C-complex, the gums are firmer, and my last checkup, the hygienist made good remarks, and hardly had to scrape the barnacles off my teeth like he used to. I got the idea, to do so, after I read an article on DR. Linus Pauling, who reportedly took 19 grams of C per day, but never explained why.

I now have a holistic dentist, and all the bad teeth I had [root canals and leaking amalgams ] and such
were removed by my new dentist. You must be eating pretty well to still have your wisdom teeth.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health