U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2020, 10:23 PM

6 posts, read 1,223 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

My first time posting in this forum. Hopefully you guys will be able to give me some advise.

Recently my upper right 1st molar feels weird. More like a sensitive aching pain. Whenever I use my electric toothbrush, the weird feeling came back, it feels as if the tooth is "popping".

Went back to the dentist last week for a check, he took an x-ray and found no cavity at all. Everything looks fine, he didn't give any reason for it feeling weird or it aching. Asked him could it be enamel wearing off? He say could be.

When I'm inserting the floss between 1st and 2nd molar, it hurt a little too.

What could it be?

Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 09:12 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
32,197 posts, read 58,642,263 times
You could have something like a small seed or particle under the gum causing inflammation. I once had a similar problem and the dentist found nothing, but then with a fever two days later I went to the doctor and was found to have a sinus infection. The pain was transmitted and felt like a tooth, but wasn't.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:56 AM

5,606 posts, read 10,327,911 times
Could be enamel wearing thin...I have a sensitivity to sweet foods on one molar...I switched to toothpaste for sensitive teeth and it's helping..

Old 03-18-2020, 01:35 PM

27,046 posts, read 10,260,321 times
OP: If your issue persists, I would for sure stay off refined sugars for a while. Learn to work with "dabs" of myrrh tincture or oil of oregano (strong oil) and these two work wonders for any mysterious pain I get sometimes. Of course, some scheduled ibuprofen can help too. I take it with food of course for arthritis issues and it covers so much.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Could be enamel wearing thin...I have a sensitivity to sweet foods on one molar...I switched to toothpaste for sensitive teeth and it's helping..
Went to my dentist and took an x-ray for in case. All clear. Thno cavity no nothing. He mentioned that it might be my enamel wearing off too! I'm using sensitive toothpaste now and leaving it in that tooth for a few minutes. It helps.

Thanks for the reply!

Old 03-23-2020, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
You could have something like a small seed or particle under the gum causing inflammation. I once had a similar problem and the dentist found nothing, but then with a fever two days later I went to the doctor and was found to have a sinus infection. The pain was transmitted and felt like a tooth, but wasn't.
Thanks for the reply! I did went to a doctor too, he say my sinus is fine. So, I went to my dentist. No cavity found and x-ray seems fine so he mentioned that it might be enamel wearing down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or