Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 07:44 AM

4,218 posts, read 4,741,886 times

Advertisements

So I'm 2 months into braces; was supposed to schedule a consult with an oral surgeon to have a chain installed to my braces to pull down/in an adult tooth (currently I still have one baby tooth that will have to be pulled in order for the surgeon to do this.)

Anyways, my orthodontist closed last week.

Late February I went to Cali for work and while there realized I lost a filling. Turns out I lost part of my tooth too. I got a temporary porcelain inlay 3 weeks ago and was supposed to return in a few days to have the permanent inlay installed. Of course this morning the dentist office text messages me to say they have now closed.

The temporary inlay is 'eroding' and I'm concerned it'll soon be gone. I'm a bit upset the office didn't start moving up patients who have procedures like mine to last week and cancelling all other appointments (like cleanings and non-urgent cosmetic stuff) in anticipation of needing to close. I feel like just telling everyone they are closing until further notice is not good enough and a treatment plan or call giving patients like me a heads up on what will be done/what to do was the more appropriate route.

Anyways, this is more of a vent than anything. I have definitely already asked them to have the staff contact me directly about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 09:57 AM

572 posts, read 325,288 times
Why your dentist is closed/ It must be because of COVID so it is for the protection and safety of all people. They could not open in the circumstances.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:17 AM

4,218 posts, read 4,741,886 times
Well, yes, the dentist's office closed because of COVID-19.

My original 'rant' was based a bit on the fact that I think the office should have begun prioritizing patients on the calendar based on the nature of their visit in anticipation of closing. I feel that for those places that were proactive and have done such, they may have mitigated the risk of having patients come in with more urgent issues in the immediate weeks following closure.

I have developed an infection now; I am grateful that the office did see me just two days ago and I hate I had to be one of those people they came in to see during this time. I just really believe that this wouldn't be the case had I been bumped up on the schedule prior to closing.

Anyways, I've got stitches in my mouth and am just playing the waiting game to see if this thing clears up or gets worse since antibiotics were not prescribed.

Old 03-27-2020, 01:06 PM

1,500 posts, read 885,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Well, yes, the dentist's office closed because of COVID-19.

My original 'rant' was based a bit on the fact that I think the office should have begun prioritizing patients on the calendar based on the nature of their visit in anticipation of closing. I feel that for those places that were proactive and have done such, they may have mitigated the risk of having patients come in with more urgent issues in the immediate weeks following closure.

I have developed an infection now; I am grateful that the office did see me just two days ago and I hate I had to be one of those people they came in to see during this time. I just really believe that this wouldn't be the case had I been bumped up on the schedule prior to closing.

Anyways, I've got stitches in my mouth and am just playing the waiting game to see if this thing clears up or gets worse since antibiotics were not prescribed.
My dental office is closed too.....for emergencies you can call and a dentist will come in to see you..
I have gone to same practice for 30 years!

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health