U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 08:00 PM

418 posts, read 479,676 times

Advertisements

I cancelled my appointment until August. I just don't feel comfortable being so close to another human being right now unless I have to. That means only one cleaning this year, but rather safe than sorry. A friend of our's just passed from the virus and we are trying not to take too many chances. Hopefully by August, things will be better, at least virus-wise.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 07:00 AM

11,510 posts, read 8,362,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
I cancelled my appointment until August. I just don't feel comfortable being so close to another human being right now unless I have to. That means only one cleaning this year, but rather safe than sorry. A friend of our's just passed from the virus and we are trying not to take too many chances. Hopefully by August, things will be better, at least virus-wise.
I'm sorry about your friend. Of course you need to do what is most comfortable to you. I just wanted to mention that these dental guys ( as all dental guys everywhere) will be decked out in all their PPE, including masks, face and eye shields, gloves, disposable ( think it's Tyvek) clothing covering. -They've done all this for years as a matter of practice. I'm not worried about catching anything from them, hopefully they aren't too worried about catching anything from me.

Be well.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:33 AM

6,559 posts, read 3,019,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I'm sorry about your friend. Of course you need to do what is most comfortable to you. I just wanted to mention that these dental guys ( as all dental guys everywhere) will be decked out in all their PPE, including masks, face and eye shields, gloves, disposable ( think it's Tyvek) clothing covering. -They've done all this for years as a matter of practice. I'm not worried about catching anything from them, hopefully they aren't too worried about catching anything from me.

Be well.
Glad to read this. I just got called for my cleaning in two weeks. If I don’t go to my cleanings, I usually have issues, so I said I planned on going. I figure they will be fully decked out and I will get charged a little more, but it is better than being charged for the deep cleaning/cavities I will probably have later if I skip.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:07 PM

11,510 posts, read 8,362,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Glad to read this. I just got called for my cleaning in two weeks. If I don’t go to my cleanings, I usually have issues, so I said I planned on going. I figure they will be fully decked out and I will get charged a little more, but it is better than being charged for the deep cleaning/cavities I will probably have later if I skip.
The dentists and hygienists I've seen over the years wear masks, face shields, gloves and Tyvek gowns, and the hygienist I saw today did as well. Additionally they were keeping people out of the waiting room (it's a tiny room).
I had a good visit, and noted that I wasn't charged any more than I have in the past for that visit.

I'd go for that cleaning too in your shoes. You don't want to neglect your dental health (as I don't either).

Old 06-05-2020, 08:12 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,381,065 times
Had my cleaning this week. The hygienist and dentist were fine, but the receptionist was a different story. She was quite abrasive and instead of just saying Hi when I walked in the door she immediately said, "I NEED YOU TO USE THE HAND SANITIZER!!!!". Okay, lady, chill out.

She did the temperature bit, then asked the very long list of questions to ensure I wasn't Typhoid Mary.

And the entire time her face mask was down below her chin. Go figure.

As far as the actual cleaning, at this time they are not doing the ultrasonic cleaning to protect the hygienist. I was curious about this after I left and called several other dentists in my area and they said they too are holding off on that as well.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:39 PM

2,535 posts, read 2,372,160 times
I rescheduled my June cleaning for October. I'm hoping October will be OK. My fear is not so much getting it from the dentist or hygienist as from other patients who have been in there.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:26 PM

1,357 posts, read 472,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Had my cleaning this week. The hygienist and dentist were fine, but the receptionist was a different story. She was quite abrasive and instead of just saying Hi when I walked in the door she immediately said, "I NEED YOU TO USE THE HAND SANITIZER!!!!". Okay, lady, chill out.

She did the temperature bit, then asked the very long list of questions to ensure I wasn't Typhoid Mary.

And the entire time her face mask was down below her chin. Go figure.

As far as the actual cleaning, at this time they are not doing the ultrasonic cleaning to protect the hygienist. I was curious about this after I left and called several other dentists in my area and they said they too are holding off on that as well.
No Cavitron??? Gotta have my Cavitron! Oh no. Takes forever with the hand picking. I'll ask my dentist about it... when they ever open again. Thanks for the info.

Also, I had to have a root canal the first week we got shut down, in March. My tooth hurt so bad, that I couldn't wait, it was considered an emergency. The only thing I would warn others about, is they might put you on antibiotics, for YOUR safety, if you are having something done where everything in your mouth is all exposed and blood is involved.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:08 PM

20,000 posts, read 5,410,900 times
Got my teeth cleaned yesterday..June 18...all went well except I have 2 cavities. Yes I go in every 6 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health