U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2020, 07:50 PM

1,715 posts, read 389,135 times

Advertisements

I was reading a thread about implants and see how many people have been having problems. I thought I would start a thread and tell people what I have learned in my decade long battle with material allergies. I went through getting Lava crowns Zircon crowns and emax crowns and had trouble with all of them. The reason is that companies are putting lithium oxide in most of their ceramics. Many times they will call a ceramic feldspathic even though it has a small amount of lithium oxide. I had problems with Noritake Cerebian ceramic on my zirconia crowns even though it's only 0.5% lithium oxide. It's not the zirconia core that is the problem - that is made from zirconium oxide that is pretty biocmpatable. The lithium oxide ceramic the put over it IS VERY CYTOTOXIC. That's been known since 2003.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14586309

It's highly irresponsible of the dental community that they have not recognized this problem. Most people on the forum having problems are probably having trouble with lithium distillates. I have some old gold fused to porcelain that are fine because the porcelain is something called InLine that has no lithium. But that's old stuff from 2000 and I don't know if many labs use it anymore.

I recently solved my problem with the new material called BruxZir. It is pure biocompatible zirconium oxide. It's not quite as smooth feeling as the old InLine ceramic but it is much better than those lithium ceramics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health