U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2020, 03:46 PM
 
1,357 posts, read 472,419 times
Reputation: 2604

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
I have been to the Dentist more than once. I had a special x-ray also on my tooth. I am all set up to have the surgery but the requirements for conscious sedation is very strict there, so I have been referred to someone else. I am waiting to hear back from that office. I know to get it fixed and the consequences if I don't get it out. I was given another option, but I don't want a root canal or a crown, I just want it out! Will Halcion mess me up all day and the next too?
If they said you could do a root canal and a crown, why wouldn't you want to do that? Root canals are a much simpler procedure. And, you can drive yourself home after. Novocaine and no pain pills after. Simple. The pain will instantly go away completely.

When possible, you should always try to save your teeth. You're going to need them later in life.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2020, 08:32 PM
 
108 posts, read 36,958 times
Reputation: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
If they said you could do a root canal and a crown, why wouldn't you want to do that? Root canals are a much simpler procedure. And, you can drive yourself home after. Novocaine and no pain pills after. Simple. The pain will instantly go away completely.

When possible, you should always try to save your teeth. You're going to need them later in life.
Because in my situation, even with a root canal and crown it may not work and still would have to be pulled. I have hardly had any teeth issues in my life.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2020, 09:57 PM
 
108 posts, read 36,958 times
Reputation: 58
I am not having any pains now for the last 2-3 weeks. Is it possible that the pain can come back? Has anyone had their pain to come back? I am getting my tooth taken out soon, unless I have another reaction to the antibiotic. And I am not having sedation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2020, 08:59 AM
 
2,191 posts, read 1,084,545 times
Reputation: 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
I will have a conscious sedation and that is why I need to have someone to take me and pick me up as well as to stay with me as I previously said.
Which tooth is this? Why do you need to be sedated? Good luck!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2020, 07:45 PM
 
108 posts, read 36,958 times
Reputation: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Which tooth is this? Why do you need to be sedated? Good luck!
It is my back upper left tooth. Just the thought of the procedure scares me and I am a nervous wreck, is the reason I need sedation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2020, 12:45 PM
 
2,191 posts, read 1,084,545 times
Reputation: 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
It is my back upper left tooth. Just the thought of the procedure scares me and I am a nervous wreck, is the reason I need sedation.
I see. That must be awful.

I just had a crown on #3 (back upper right tooth) break off and damage the tooth enough that I can't get another crown on that tooth. I had been telling the dentist for over a year that the crown was loose but she thought it was a gum problem and kept selling me an injection called arestin (about 10 of them at $105 each over the past couple of years) that didn't fix my crown issue. I finally went to a dentist that places implants only to tell me that I wasn't a good candidate for the implant without having a sinus lift. The implant dentist did pull the remaining tooth/root and it really wasn't bad but I do ask for extra numbing medicine all the time. Maybe you want to try that? She asked me if I wanted to be sedated but I didn't have someone to drive me.

If I had gone for a second opinion a year ago on tooth #3, I might not have lost the tooth. My only option right now is an expensive permanent bridge on 2-3-4 which I will do because I don't want a removable bridge in my mouth.

Have you had a second opinion? Good luck!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2020, 12:18 PM
 
108 posts, read 36,958 times
Reputation: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I see. That must be awful.

I just had a crown on #3 (back upper right tooth) break off and damage the tooth enough that I can't get another crown on that tooth. I had been telling the dentist for over a year that the crown was loose but she thought it was a gum problem and kept selling me an injection called arestin (about 10 of them at $105 each over the past couple of years) that didn't fix my crown issue. I finally went to a dentist that places implants only to tell me that I wasn't a good candidate for the implant without having a sinus lift. The implant dentist did pull the remaining tooth/root and it really wasn't bad but I do ask for extra numbing medicine all the time. Maybe you want to try that? She asked me if I wanted to be sedated but I didn't have someone to drive me.

If I had gone for a second opinion a year ago on tooth #3, I might not have lost the tooth. My only option right now is an expensive permanent bridge on 2-3-4 which I will do because I don't want a removable bridge in my mouth.

Have you had a second opinion? Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I would have gotten a second opinion, but I have a really good Dentist. I was given a choice of having a root canal and I forgot what else, but he told me he could not guarantee it would really work and I probably would have to have the tooth out anyways.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2020, 10:22 PM
 
2,191 posts, read 1,084,545 times
Reputation: 3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
Thanks for your reply. I would have gotten a second opinion, but I have a really good Dentist. I was given a choice of having a root canal and I forgot what else, but he told me he could not guarantee it would really work and I probably would have to have the tooth out anyways.
Okay, good luck! Let us know how it works out!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2020, 10:35 PM
 
3,452 posts, read 1,200,068 times
Reputation: 8898
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
The problem is if I am sedated in the Dentist's office I have to have someone to take me and pick me up as well as staying with me, which is the problem.
If you're sedated in the hospital it will be the same deal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2020, 11:37 AM
 
108 posts, read 36,958 times
Reputation: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
If you're sedated in the hospital it will be the same deal.
I know that, but I have no one to stay with me if I am not in the hospital.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top