Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stresslessdds View Post
Hello Everyone,

First off, happy labor day. Since less people are going to the dentist these days because of Covid-19, I thought I could help out somewhat. If you guys have any questions regarding your dental health please ask away, and I'll try to do my best to answer them for the next few days. It may be towards the evenings that I respond since I will be at work during the day.

Disclosures:
1) I am a full time general dentist working for the last several years in Los Angeles County
2) Take every advice from online cautiously as anyone can pose as a dentist online. Even me
3) I do not have your full health history or your dental history and I won't ask for it here due to HIPPA laws
4) If you have your own dentist, please consult with them as well
Hello. I was recently told I need all of teeth out ( there arent many left) and will need dentures, top and bottom. I'm terrified and was wondering what you thought of instant dentures? I know it's not recommended (irritation, healing etc), but i dont think i can wait werks/months with no teeth.

Old 01-28-2021, 05:19 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times
Need to know what sensitivity gel that dentists use on teeth. I had one on after my teeth cleaning and it lasted about an hour. What brand and do they sell this to non-dentists? Also, is frequent use of it harmful to the teeth? It seems to be effective so fast vs sensitive toothpaste that you use normally.

Old 02-02-2021, 09:44 PM

4 posts, read 3,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry_eyed View Post
Thanks Dr. S, I've seen a 2nd dentist for an opinion, he said as he didn't do the filling he can't say much. He took an x-ray and can't see any issue with the filling from exterior. He mentioned it is close to the nerve which could potentially be what is causing the pain when I bite hard food but he can't be sure.

I went back to the dentist who did this filling today and they took an x-ray too. It looked less close to nerve on x-ray, I guess because of the angle it was taken. He said filling looked good, no sign of infection at the roots. He fixed my bite some more, filing down the filling. When putting a little pressure on the tooth surface with my finger I feel the sensitivity and start of pain. The previous time he fixed malocclusion, I couldn't feel pain when I put pressure on it with my finger. Let's see, it might need time to heal. He said if it doesn't work a replacement filling might be next step. These are the x-ray pics, hope you don't mind me sharing:

https://ibb.co/VxYcvGn
https://ibb.co/NyYwgnb

I've lost almost 3 kilos during this stressful journey so far, hopefully sharing my symptoms clearly helps someone who might be going through something similar.

Hi, any updates on your case? Having similar issue.

Old 02-03-2021, 05:51 PM

400 posts, read 366,264 times
I posted a thread about this, but since you are a professional I would love to hear your thoughts. Are amalgam fillings safe are they really that bad?

Old 02-08-2021, 10:12 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,779,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl87 View Post
I posted a thread about this, but since you are a professional I would love to hear your thoughts. Are amalgam fillings safe are they really that bad?

Dentists handle that stuff every single day. And dentists die of the same diseases as everyone else.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:52 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
I have to say I lost a lot of truth in dentists over the years because they give bad outdated information.

They tell you to floss daily, use mouth wash once a day, and brush your teeth atleast 2x a day.

I was getting worked done almost 3-4x a year following their "professional" advice.

But after watching many youtube Doctors that explain the bitter truth of what these practices do to your teeth I stopped. And I haven't had a cavity or decay since. All these trained dentists have done is ensure they will get lots of work because you and they will keep damaging your teeth.

Teeth cleaning by dentists is one of the worst things you can do to your teeth unless the dentist just use a pick and help you scrap off plague. But using any kind of rotary tool damages your teeth.

What I've learned is that flossing is one of the worst things you can do especially if you go below the gum lines. That cause more tooth decay, well the dentist will never show or tell you the proper way to floss.
Even so, flossing is not necessary if you properly rinse your teeth to get rid of foods and mouth wash with just baking soda no Scope or Listerine.

Old 02-18-2021, 03:30 PM

8 posts, read 4,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I have to say I lost a lot of truth in dentists over the years because they give bad outdated information.

They tell you to floss daily, use mouth wash once a day, and brush your teeth atleast 2x a day.

I was getting worked done almost 3-4x a year following their "professional" advice.

But after watching many youtube Doctors that explain the bitter truth of what these practices do to your teeth I stopped. And I haven't had a cavity or decay since. All these trained dentists have done is ensure they will get lots of work because you and they will keep damaging your teeth.

Teeth cleaning by dentists is one of the worst things you can do to your teeth unless the dentist just use a pick and help you scrap off plague. But using any kind of rotary tool damages your teeth.

What I've learned is that flossing is one of the worst things you can do especially if you go below the gum lines. That cause more tooth decay, well the dentist will never show or tell you the proper way to floss.
Even so, flossing is not necessary if you properly rinse your teeth to get rid of foods and mouth wash with just baking soda no Scope or Listerine.
Yeah but how do you get those tiny pieces of steak meat and other crap lodged in-between teeth? Flossing is essential I think.

I do agree some Dentists might overexaggerate some things though

Old 02-24-2021, 02:41 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,266,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmiller92 View Post
Yeah but how do you get those tiny pieces of steak meat and other crap lodged in-between teeth? Flossing is essential I think.
My dentist's hygienist suggested a WaterPik. I love that thing. I floss as well but use a WaterPik afterwards and it blasts out stuff the floss didn't get.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:56 AM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
My parents took me to the dentist 2X a year when I was a kid, and I’ve done the same faithfully, all my life. ...cleaning and xrays, every time. The xrays never have found any problems. All my old deep fillings have been replaced, and so have a few crowns. In other words, my mouth has NO pending issues.

Now, hubby and I are retired and losing our dental insurance. It is my intention to stop going to the dentist unless I have an issue. Perhaps I’ll go get them looked at every other year, or so. At this point I see no reason to contribute to the dentists fancy overhead, when we need to watch every penny.

Do you see anything wrong with this plan?

Old 02-25-2021, 09:11 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmiller92 View Post

I do agree some Dentists might overexaggerate some things though
Those stuff you can remove with water but in reality foods that are caught in the teeth eventually will loosen up by germs. It's more important to keep the PH balance in your mouth so that the acids created by germs do not cause decay. Because germs cannot cause tooth decay but the acid formed by certain foods mainly sugar and carbs. If you simply brush off sugar and any flour or wheat stuff. The germs can't form acids and break into your teeth. It takes a long time for meats to become acidic on your teeth to cause that problem. You don't see animals needing fluoride to keep their teeth healthy if they eat a grain free diet.

I'm so tired of people saying that you need fluoride. It's a dangerous substance, they specifically say not to swallow this stuff. All you need is baking soda and tea tree oils to keep your teeth clean. Fluoride destroys the microbe in your gut which causes weak immune system. Make people get sick more.

We want germs in our mouth because it helps you fight other bad germs. But you have to not get sugar or sticky stuff that can allow germs to form acid that breaks down the teeth and you won't get tooth decay.

Last edited by vision33r; 02-25-2021 at 09:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health