U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2020, 02:20 PM

575 posts, read 598,968 times

Advertisements

I'm a tooth grinder. I grind/clench my teeth in my sleep and have worn a nightguard for years. My nightguard does not stop the clenching, but it does help protect my teeth. I want to find something that will stop the clenching. Has anyone here been able to find anything to make them stop this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 11:34 PM

3,406 posts, read 2,878,957 times
You have to consciously relax your jaw during the day and before falling asleep. After a week or so you should see a difference and will be motivation to keep the relaxation technique going. It works.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 96 times
First thing first, you need to understand why the problem is there for years and take precautions on some points which i am mentioning here if you are doing it or is happening with you:

1) Avoid or cut back on foods and drinks that contain caffeine, such as colas, chocolate, and coffee. Avoid them.
2) Do not chew on pencils or pens or anything that is not food. Also avoid chewing gum as it allows your jaw muscles to get more used to clenching and makes you more likely to grind your teeth.
3) Train yourself not to clench or grind your teeth. If you notice that you clench or grind during the day, position the tip of your tongue between your teeth. This practice trains your jaw muscles to relax. This will help for sure.
4) Relax your jaw muscles at night by holding a warm washcloth against your cheek in front of your earlobe.

Try to follow all these points. you will definitely get rid of root problem. We need to get rid of root cause not play hide and seek with it.

Very important consult the dentist for further information. Thanks & Take Care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health