U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2020, 08:35 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,319,808 times

Advertisements

Guess I will just post here. Google searches yield nothing and my ENT has no answer nor did he seem very motivated to look into it. I pushed him about it and he said he did a throat culture which I am sure will come back negative and the "issue" will be forgotten.

It doesn't matter what the toothbrush design is. I get a fresh toothbrush and within 3 days of using it there is an endless onslaught of bubbles.

My oral hygiene regiment is pretty good. I brush 2x per day and floss 5-7 times per week. Gums are pink. I brush my tongue with the plastic part designed for it every time as well. Mouthwash or none it is always the same.

My wife's toothbrush never bubbles at all regardless of time on it or toothbrush type.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 12:55 PM

12,928 posts, read 6,444,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
Guess I will just post here. Google searches yield nothing and my ENT has no answer nor did he seem very motivated to look into it. I pushed him about it and he said he did a throat culture which I am sure will come back negative and the "issue" will be forgotten.

It doesn't matter what the toothbrush design is. I get a fresh toothbrush and within 3 days of using it there is an endless onslaught of bubbles.

My oral hygiene regiment is pretty good. I brush 2x per day and floss 5-7 times per week. Gums are pink. I brush my tongue with the plastic part designed for it every time as well. Mouthwash or none it is always the same.

My wife's toothbrush never bubbles at all regardless of time on it or toothbrush type.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Everyone is different. Why is bubbling a problem exactly? Unless the toothbrushes are made from different materials the design shouldn't make any difference here. If you and your wife are using the same formulation and age of peroxide (its shelf life once the seal is broken is fairly short), the toothbrushes are the same the only other variable is you...the biochemical environment inside your mouth. Maybe the chemistry of your saliva is slightly different which in turn permits a slightly different bacterial community on the inside surfaces of your mouth (your particular biofilm). So, when the peroxide contacts it it reacts differently than it does for your wife. Don't really see what the problem is. Possibly you are obsessing over nothing. However, how much saliva you happen to produce might matter. It is possible to produce too much due to some underlying health condition so maybe the peroxide is reacting to that. If you don't produce enough saliva and tend to have a dry mouth, that might affect the peroxide reaction and it can affect the health of your teeth.

Last edited by Parnassia; 11-21-2020 at 02:12 PM..

Old 11-21-2020, 01:01 PM

41,372 posts, read 52,655,939 times
Blood reacts to peroxide. Are you brushing too hard, have soft tissue gums, there many reasons for that to happen. Ask your dentist.

Old 11-21-2020, 05:33 PM

Thanks for your posts. I would say that my saliva level is normal but I don't have anything to compare it against. I just found it a bit strange that a fresh toothbrush doesn't do this until I have used it a few days. I am reading into this a little because most everything dealing with peroxide is "until the bubbles stop" which in this case they never really do. I was prone to strep throat quite a bit when younger and get sore throats more often than most people I know. I end up with annoying smelly yellow tonsil rocks over time as well. I was just wondering if there was some nexus between the two maybe. Interesting on the blood. I didn't know that. I will bring this up next time I see my dentist. No visible blood when brushing. Gums used to bleed a few years ago when I didn't understand the importance of gum health. Thank you.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:07 PM

So I recently had symptoms of a UTI. My doctor put me on antibiotics for it.

I went through my "paranoid" periodic ritual of watching for the never ending bubbles on the toothbrush after adding bubbles. For the first time in years the toothbrush did not bubble.

I am in shock.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:20 PM

28,796 posts, read 11,575,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
So I recently had symptoms of a UTI. My doctor put me on antibiotics for it.

I went through my "paranoid" periodic ritual of watching for the never ending bubbles on the toothbrush after adding bubbles. For the first time in years the toothbrush did not bubble.

I am in shock.
I have found peroxide to be weaker in recent yrs. I use it every night for a swish and it hardly bubbles. It seems so much more inferior products today and higher costs....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health