U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2020, 11:02 AM

45 posts, read 8,216 times

Advertisements

wednesday. top right i get root canal and 2 crowns in the teeth next to those. no issues, had jaw open for like 2.5 hours
wednesday night, i start getting a tingling shooting sensation in bottom teeth.

thursday (today) go to dentist, there are cavities in the bottom row(where it was hurting) (4) not near nerve at all, very small cavities, have them filled

teeth still giving a tingling, pens and needles sensation. lasts maybe 1-2 seconds then disappears. not affected by water at all. brushing teeth is fine no pain, just a tingling sting sensation

what on earth could this be? just random stuff?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 01:10 PM

12,934 posts, read 6,459,911 times
You have had a lot of work done. The nerves associated with those teeth were probably irritated by all the disturbance, including the anesthetics you received before it started. It can take time (sometimes a lot of time) for everything to calm down again.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
You have had a lot of work done. The nerves associated with those teeth were probably irritated by all the disturbance, including the anesthetics you received before it started. It can take time (sometimes a lot of time) for everything to calm down again.

but these teeth are the bottom, those were affecting me last night even thought they were not worked on. I had the top right worked on yesterday, now after the bottom teeth had cavities done its still affecting me

Old 12-03-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpies88 View Post
but these teeth are the bottom, those were affecting me last night even thought they were not worked on. I had the top right worked on yesterday, now after the bottom teeth had cavities done its still affecting me
Nerves are interconnected. If it persists or gets worse over the next few days call your dentist.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Nerves are interconnected. If it persists or gets worse over the next few days call your dentist.

so the bottom of my teeth nerves are connected to top? how?

not saying your wrong, i just dont understand

Old 12-03-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpies88 View Post
so the bottom of my teeth nerves are connected to top? how?

not saying your wrong, i just dont understand
Your nervous system is ONE system. All nerves are connected to some degree. You had a lot of substances injected, drilling, disturbance, and manipulation on those teeth and the gum surrounding them. That can easily irritate the nerves supplying sensation to others, probably more likely if everything was on the same side.

https://antranik.org/wp-content/uplo...r-ganglion.jpg

Old 12-03-2020, 03:53 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,598,425 times
Maybe you should ask your dentist??

Old 12-03-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Maybe you should ask your dentist??

i did, which is what resulted in teh fillings this morning, but theres still a sensation

Old 12-04-2020, 12:43 AM

38,073 posts, read 17,921,821 times
Quote:
Your nervous system is ONE system. All nerves are connected to some degree. You had a lot of substances injected, drilling, disturbance, and manipulation on those teeth and the gum surrounding them. That can easily irritate the nerves supplying sensation to others, probably more likely if everything was on the same side.

https://antranik.org/wp-content/uplo...r-ganglion.jpg
Very true, I had a cavity filled in a top molar and developed pain in the opposing lower molar the dentist wasn't surprised he said it's 'referred pain' and happens frequently

Old 12-04-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Very true, I had a cavity filled in a top molar and developed pain in the opposing lower molar the dentist wasn't surprised he said it's 'referred pain' and happens frequently
That's the term I was trying to recall, thanks! Yes, BTDT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health