Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 11:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

This would be paid out of pocket btw.

the rates Ive been getting calling around appear to vary greatly, a couple were around $180, but then others were as high as $500!

Anyone know what a rough average should be?

** Just want to mention, I CANNOT sit thru a normal tooth extraction, too nervous and anxious based on previous extractions. Apparently Im one of those people that are 'difficult' to numb, during one extraction, they were in the process of it, and I started feeling extreme pressure in the area they were working, they stopped and gave me more numbing agent, but it was a BAD experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 11:49 AM

629 posts, read 933,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

the rates Ive been getting calling around appear to vary greatly, a couple were around $180, but then others were as high as $500!

** Just want to mention, I CANNOT sit thru a normal tooth extraction, too nervous and anxious based on previous extractions. Apparently Im one of those people that are 'difficult' to numb, during one extraction, they were in the process of it, and I started feeling extreme pressure in the area they were working, they stopped and gave me more numbing agent, but it was a BAD experience!

Pressure is normal during an extraction. You cannot numb pressure. Pain is different.

The majority of the cost will be for the sedation itself. $500 for sedation (assuming it's IV) and extraction is VERY reasonable in my area.

Old 10-18-2020, 10:44 PM

10,306 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Quote:

What Country are you wanting the quote?

It can be radically different based on the Country.

Old 10-22-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
What Country are you wanting the quote?

It can be radically different based on the Country.
I live in KY, in the US, (sorry, forgot to mention that).

The more I look around, the more I see prices vary greatly from one dentist to another!

Old 10-24-2020, 09:26 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
I live in KY, in the US.
Did you know that the toothbrush was invented in KY? If it had been invented in any other state, it would have been named the teethbrush.

Just a joke to make you laugh rstevens and hopefully take your mind off your upcoming dental extraction. Good luck!

Old 10-25-2020, 07:14 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
200 to 300 smackers.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:16 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:

Mine come out easy since all the bone that holds them in is gone. I got 24 more to go and can't wait till they are all out.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:17 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Depends. One cost for tooth pull and another for sedation.

All the estimates here are LOWER than the costs in my area. Maybe it's regional. You need to go to an oral surgeon not a dentist. They can't do sedation.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:54 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I was always one of those people who were difficult to numb. I put off dental procedures because of that. I had a root canal six weeks ago and was sweating bullets. The assistant told me that I was going to be surprised, didn't believe it. Dentist came in and shot me up and my gosh they were right. Whatever he used was so much better than just a few years ago, it was amazing. I still can't get over it, seriously. Can't help you with the price of sedation, last tooth I had pulled was without and was $350.00.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:18 PM

I went to Aspen Dental yesterday for the extraction, but upon examining the tooth, the dentist said it was infected, she started me on antibiotics and rescheduled the extraction for 7 days (Nov 3).

She told me, when a broken tooth is hurting, 99% of the time, its infection thats causing the pain, (not exposed nerve/pulp). I will say Ive taken 4 antibiotic pills so far and no pain at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health