Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,032 times

Advertisements

I have an upper canine tooth that developed pain 3 weeks ago. No swelling. My dentist couldn't find anything wrong and sent me to an endodontist for a 2nd opinion, hoping I had referred pain from the teeth next to it. No such luck. Xrays negative. It didn't feel loose to them. Not sensitive to heat or cold, but the crown could be protecting it? Advil has not helped at all. I was hoping inflammation was the cause, and maybe that could be treated.

Since seeing the doctors, the pain has gotten worse. Maybe from all the hitting they did on it. I assume my only option is to have it removed? Or is therehope for another reason for the pain? I don't expect that doing another root canal makes sense at this point, since it's been many years (decades?) since it was originally was done?

How long would it make sense to wait and see if it might get better on it's own? My experience with teeth pain/sensitivity is that it never goes away on it's own. Thanks for any advice. - Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 12:02 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
I've had similar experience and the cause was receding gum line and decay of the tooth. I'm at a loss for advice. Perhaps a third opinion?

The only other thing I can think of is that for some reason your bite has changed and more pressure is being put in that area of your mouth.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:47 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,396,448 times
If it's an upper canine it could very well just be a swollen sinus. They extend pretty far down toward the upper jaw.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:03 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
I have talked a LOT about Myrrh Tincture and have been using it for well over 10 yrs when a molar gave me issues, Went thru a course of abx drug at the time and did NOT want to go thru major dental work and money. So Myrrh has been keeping me good for years. And try not to chew a lot on that tooth. I'd sure do this before a major job. This works in my life. My neighbor uses Myrrh too for a pain here and there in her mouth. We ae both advanced seniors but I'm sayin....

Dentists don't like to be questioned. And you won't hear Myrrh from them. Do research.

Just occurred to me, my friend here had some pain in his mouth. dentist could not see anything wrong, so my friend took a course of amoxillian and it did the job, got rid of pain, could have been a mild infection.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-17-2021 at 03:46 PM..

Old 07-31-2021, 10:49 PM

506 posts, read 2,573,943 times
So both a general dentist AND an endodontist couldn't figure out where your pain was coming from? How painful is it on a scale of 1 to 10? Is the tooth the problem or is it something else? You sure wouldn't want a canine removed and still have the pain there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health