Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 09:42 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
You mean you won't get the answer you want, because you've already got the answers you need. Anyone who tells you that herbal products turned it around for them is either lying or just doesn't understand that paying more attention to their dental care is actually what helped.

Gum recession a self-care issue that has little or nothing to do with which products you use. Getting regular checkups is part of self-care. The products are not at fault. It was not getting regular checkups that allowed the problem to develop unnoticed. The same thing happened to me in my 20s when I was in school and had no dental insurance and no money so I know about it firsthand.
This is a good answer. You need to follow the advice of your dentist. And you need to visit regularly. You also need to practice good dental hygiene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 12:12 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,080,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
I'm only 33 and have really bad gum recession. I was looking for tips to help prevent it from getting worse and I started reading about how herbal tooth powder might be better for gum recession and that commercial dental products might be the culprit. There's no scientific evidence of course, and I was wondering if using strictly herbal tooth powder might not help with cavities. So I'm curious as to anybody who's been using herbal tooth powder for a while and the results?
I developed rapid gum recession when I was 45 following having a hysterectomy which resulted from rapid dental bone loss which resulted from hormonal loss and I could not take hormone replacement. According to my periodontist, gums will only grow over where dental bone is present, so if you have bad recession you may very likely have bone loss going on. In most cases bone loss is a result of trapped bacteria under the gum line which regardless of great hygiene some people are more prone to have more destructive bacterial flora than others. And when that bacteria is trapped way up under the gum line it can't be reached by regular brushing and some need a deep cleaning by a hygienist to remove it. I was even beyond that point and required periodontal laser surgery in an effort to save my teeth, and following have to adhere to meticulous hygiene which included a water pick to keep down the bacterial flora, and get my teeth cleaned 4 x year.

You are young, you only get one set of natural teeth in your lifetime, so the sooner you see your dentist for a professional evaluation and necessary treatment is done the greater your chances will be in preventing further recession.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:08 PM

178 posts, read 162,185 times
Don't eat starches and sweets.

Veggies that scrape like celery, lettuce, etc and meats are your ticket to having less teeth damage.

Basically, go quasi-diabetic diet-wise and your teeth will be much happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health