Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2021, 03:10 AM

3 posts, read 2,616 times

Advertisements

I had 2 implants put in bottom jaw about 10 years ago. Not a perfect solution since I had quite a bit of "wobble", but they sufficed. About 2 mos ago the ball broke off the top of one implant. The dentist who did the work is no longer around. Went to the one who took over his practice since the ball broke off of one and I had a point sticking up!

He told me that they no longer make this type of implant (think he slipped and said they were Horizon - not sure - no records available from initial dentist). They have threads and a gold tiny ball on top). Said he had to send it out for fabrication. It came back after 3 weeks and was too big for the hole. Told me he had to send it back again, no promises when it would be back. I called after another 2.5 weeks and they told me they didn't send it out. Gave it to a rep instead. Had to send it out to fabricate again!

I honestly think they bit off more than they could chew with my case and want me to walk away now. I already lost 12 lbs and had to lose airline tickets due to having no teeth. I have a cruise scheduled and don't want to go with no teeth so may have to postpone that.

I went for a second opinion and that dentist told me he'd have to send it out also and couldn't tell me when it would come back.

I'm so upset over this. Any advice appreciated. If I have to go for totally new implants, what would be involved?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 06:34 AM

3,125 posts, read 1,011,740 times
You might need bone reconstruction, I think. It takes about 6 months. Or more. I had it done. It costs a lot, about 3000 for one implant (all expenses). Maybe you don't need this. I don't know. It depends on the case. Anyway, it is not painful. I had to do two with bone reconstruction and had to pay for it, no other solution.

Good luck.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:21 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,200,641 times
Maybe the one they are fabricating currently will work out.

Old 11-27-2021, 07:20 PM

39 posts, read 31,289 times
I asked after I had a crown done last year if they provide any warranty for it and they shook their head. With that said I understand that implants are made by a number of vendors. If I need one I need to research who the largest supplier and try to make sure my dentist has some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health