Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2023, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 1,861 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was looking for people's opinion on my implant bridge I have just got done. I'm not really happy with how it looks, it doesn't match my other teeth shape and size very well and also shorter than my teeth on the otherside. I feel it just doesn't look cosmetically right. Is this fine or should I ask for it to be replaced and remade again? I told my dentist this while being fitted, he said the teeth were hitting the upper teeth but they are not touching my upper teeth being so low. Instead it was the other side with my real teeth touching the upper teeth first.

Or maybe even get lower dentures since my teeth are in such a bad condition?

Pictures below

https://ibb.co/album/F4JBBZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2023, 09:20 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
I see what you are saying about the teeth on the implant bridge being lower, but honestly, I think it's fine unless they physically bother you. You are being more critical of yourself than others will be toward you. Is the bridge something that can be removed and remade or is it permanently fixed in your mouth? If fixed, if it was me, I'd just let it go. I do have 2 implants next to each other (not a bridge but two single implants) on the bottom left that are smaller and shorter than my other teeth, I'm probably the only one that notices. Well the dentist probably does too.

Ask your dentist if there is a chance that you could bite down and damage the taller teeth, especially the one right in front of the implant bridge. If that's a possibility, I'd ask for the implant bridge to be remade.

Seriously you teeth look very nice! I hope you get more opinions.

Old 08-02-2023, 05:38 AM

Thanks for the reply. The implant bridge is screwed in so can come out again. The tooth in front of implant isn't hitting anything. Just my teeth on the other side of my mouth are hitting together first now and my implant bridge side is not touching the upper teeth at all.

Old 08-02-2023, 11:11 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Your teeth look great, but anytime you have a bridge made or any reconstructive work it's your right to get the dentist to make it comfortable and usable, don't be afraid to express your concerns to him.

Old 08-04-2023, 03:34 PM

Thanks. I contacted my dentist and said I wasn't happy, it didn't look level plus the teeth were not touching the upper teeth at all. He agreed and said he will fix it. Take a model of it, add bits to the areas I think need fixing and then unscrew the bridge and send it back to the lab to either be fixed or be remade again.

Old 08-04-2023, 05:08 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFox2336 View Post
Thanks. I contacted my dentist and said I wasn't happy, it didn't look level plus the teeth were not touching the upper teeth at all. He agreed and said he will fix it. Take a model of it, add bits to the areas I think need fixing and then unscrew the bridge and send it back to the lab to either be fixed or be remade again.
I'm glad to hear it, and if it isn't perfect when he's don't be afraid to tell him what doesn't feel right, a good dentist will go the extra mile to make you happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health