Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 05:03 PM

612 posts, read 2,770,190 times

Advertisements

I have used the Plus White gel for years and get comments nearly every day from people on my teeth. It's about $5 a tube and one lasts for a year or so. I use it everyday for a week and then probably don't need to use it for 3-4 months. I absolutely swear by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 05:07 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,691,648 times
Rembrandt toothpaste-same stuff the dentists used as part of their treatments in the 1990's. Super good on tea and coffee stains. Helpful hint: brush, and then rinse and brush again with it. Pearly whites here you come!!

Wal-mart has it for around six bucks!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 PM

409 posts, read 1,500,333 times
Actually...swishing peroxide straight from the bottle is TERRIBLE for you. It kills all the beneficial bacteria living in your mouth that keep the bad bacteria and yeast at a low level. If you do this you can end up with thrush or a fungus called "black hairy tongue". I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,164 times
To anyone who chooses to rinse with hydrogen peroxide (the stuff at home in the brown bottle), be warned. Most Google and other web site writers, unless sponsored by WebMD or another reputable health organization, know zip about most anything. They get their information online, just like you do. I asked my hygenist about the results of in-office tooth whitening. Her response was, "Well, it works, but we call the end result 'horse teeth,' because hydrogen peroxide eats away gum tissue over time". So you think rinsing with peroxide is good for gum tissue??? Think again. This is why strips are so much better for your oral health than trays. Strips, brush-on, or pen-whiteners can be placed, or the product placed, in such a way that gum tissue is not touched by the product, thereby saving gum tissue. Suggestion: Stop using hydrogen peroxide to rinse your mouth. That's not what it was made for. Read the label, then invest a few dollars in a non-tray, strip, brush-on, or pen style whitener. In the end, the results are the same, an you won't end up with horse teeth -- too much teeth, not enough gum.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 PM

345 posts, read 1,636,536 times
Peroxide also breaks down Silver Amalgam fillings (over 50% mercury)

Arm and Hammer took their Baking soda-peroxide gum off the market because of this. When I chewed it my teeth got whiter but I lost two fillings in the process.

Now I brush with straight Baking Soda. It whitens great and cleans too, without the neurotoxin fluoride which is in most toothpastes.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:44 AM

2,702 posts, read 5,999,831 times
Crest Whitestrips are pretty good, it just takes a few days for you to see the difference in your teeth. Other than that, I recommend them. They're like $18-24 I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health