Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:26 PM

68 posts, read 195,328 times

Advertisements

I know it varies a bit from case to case, but it's been 30 years since I wore braces, so I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I should budget for my sons'. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 10:51 PM

830 posts, read 1,064,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytwingle View Post
i know it varies a bit from case to case, but it's been 30 years since i wore braces, so i'm just trying to get an idea of how much i should budget for my sons'. Thanks!

$5,000.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:06 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
My daughters was $2,000. Insurance (delta dental) supposedly covered 1/2.
We then moved, I had to pay another $2,000 - not sure if they submitted anything to insurance.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:55 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,272 times
Both my kids were $2,000 each, but their problems were pretty simple and confined to one area. I hear with kids that need full braces (my kids were only the top row of about 6 teeth) it runs about $4,000 - $5,000.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:49 PM

830 posts, read 1,064,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytwingle View Post
I know it varies a bit from case to case, but it's been 30 years since I wore braces, so I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I should budget for my sons'. Thanks!

I guess I should have mentioned that our ortho is holistic and doesn't believe in just yanking out a bunch of teeth and throwing on big bulky front braces. All the plates are behind the teeth and you can't see them from the front. It takes 2-3 years and the last couple months are the only time she will have braces on the front of her teeth.

It's amazing because she had teeth sitting behind other teeth. No traditional Orthos would have straighten her teeth without yanking several. She has had the braces on just 6 months and WOW what a difference already!!!

Old 11-12-2014, 02:15 PM

494 posts, read 1,191,824 times
Dont want to start a new thread so I thought I'd add to this one. I'm budgeting for braces for my daughter. My dental plan doesn't cover orthodontics. My daughter's dentist refered he to an orthodontist. I think my wife mentioned the $5K cost.

I get ads in the mail and see folks advertising for braces all the time. Any $$$ saving tips? I don't think I'm tied to going to the referal, right?

Old 11-18-2014, 01:41 AM

26 posts, read 108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio69 View Post
Dont want to start a new thread so I thought I'd add to this one. I'm budgeting for braces for my daughter. My dental plan doesn't cover orthodontics. My daughter's dentist refered her to an orthodontist. I think my wife mentioned the $5K cost.

I get ads in the mail and see folks advertising for braces all the time. Any $$$ saving tips? I don't think I'm tied to going to the referal, right?

I think the need of brace will vary from people and their teeth nature. Better consult with the orthodontist first to know the exact cost and teeth complexity.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 14,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio69 View Post
Dont want to start a new thread so I thought I'd add to this one. I'm budgeting for braces for my daughter. My dental plan doesn't cover orthodontics. My daughter's dentist refered he to an orthodontist. I think my wife mentioned the $5K cost.

As far as savings tips, I would recommend looking into a dental savings plan. They are like warehouse clubs, you pay a one time cost and then get the discounts from the dentist. But i would ask your dentist if they accept the plan first... Also, when asking if they accept the plans use the plan name. For exmaple here is one that helps cover braces: [url=http://www.dentalplans.com/dentalplans/orthocarehome]OrthoCare Orthodontic Discount Program | Alternative to Orthodontic Insurance for Braces[/url]

But when you call the dentist, dont say "do you accept dental plans" ask if they accept "OrthoCare Orthodontic Discount Program" OrthoCare is the name of the plan but dental plans just sells it to them.

Hope that helps.

Alfred

Old 11-18-2014, 10:46 PM

26 posts, read 42,558 times
From what I have seen, braces usually costs between $5,000 to $6,000.
I have a dental plan which is going to help with our son getting braces. from what
I've seen on the plan it will cut it in half. YEA!! I will find out for sure next month
at his consult. I already know our dentist accepts our plan. We already saved
quite thousands of dollars on dental services over the last year and half with cleanings,
crowns, etc.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:04 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
Blog » Opt-In Dental Directory - Committed to preserving the doctor-patient relationship and quality care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health