Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:36 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,814,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
OK- I went to walgreens to look for some drops and they didn't have any, just regular vitamin drops. Are these something that I actually need a prescription for?
Ues you need a prescription for flouride drops. Both of my kids were on them because we use unflouranated bottled water. I took them both off at two when they started using flouride toothpaste. They have great teeth so I guess I did it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 09:38 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,814,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I have been using bottled spring water to make baby formula but I am wondering when and how is my son supposed to get the Flouride he needs for healthy teeth. I know it's in most tap water, but my sister ended up with really bad teeth when she was little because the part of Louisiana we lived in didn't put flouride in the water. He has just started teething.

I of course will ask the pediatrician but if anyone on here has insight that would be very helpful at this time.
I was told once their teeth break through their gums they need to start the flouride drops. You need to get a Rx from the doctor and a dose for your child. They also sell bottled water with flouride, but my kids drank so much water (even as toddlers) that I just gave them the drops.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:25 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,764,374 times
While most parents listen to the pediatrician, remember that your Doctor has the same brain as you and their knowledge was aquired through research and they then formed an opinion.
Do your own research on this topic. There is a lot of controversy on the flouride subject. It does far more harm than good.
I have a 19 yr od and a 15 yr old. The 19 yr old took flouride drops as an infant, no flouridated water - you should NEVER use both...her permanent teeth are mottled, they have the appearance of marble, my younger daughter had no flouride and her teeth are beautiful, and just as healthy as her sisters. They have both had minor cavities, so it did nothing but harm for my older daughter, as well as being an ingested chemical.
Do your own research, it's never wise to rely on only the Doctors opinion.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:09 PM

73 posts, read 307,033 times
“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” - Hitler

If you are sincerely concerned for your child's health, please read on.
Education is everything. Research means giving up your fun times to thoroughly explore an issue. I have taken the time to scan several documents which contain thoroughly researched documentation and data on fluoride.
Dentists all across this country will tell you that fluoride is good for your teeth and gums. City fathers will continue to tell you fluoridating the drinking water is good for you. Most of them refuse to even look at all the scientific research that's available. Thousands of cities across this country fluoridate their water. Conversely, hundreds of of cities in the U.S. refuse to fluoridate their water and dozens of countries refuse to poison their citizenry by fluoridating their water supply.

For the sake of your health and your family, I urge you to take the time to read all this important, fully documented research. You will see the major players and recognize names and companies (like Alcoa) who have been involved in this fluoride scam for decades. Americans deserve the truth and they deserve accurate information so they can make informed choices. Also, read the book The Fluoride Deception.

The truth about fluoride does not reach the public easily because fluoride, produced as a toxic waste byproduct of many types of heavy industry--such as aluminum, steel, fertilizer, glass, cement and other industries--must be disposed of somewhere.

If it's not used as an additive to water, manufacturers would have to pay millions of dollars to dispose of it properly, so the pressure to keep fluoride listed as a healthy additive to water--and not as an environmental toxin that requires costly disposal--is great, and political pressures to keep fluoride in the drinking water is strong.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times
I was just reading through this thread and I see the final thread is what I was going to write---PLEASE RESEARCH FLOURIDE---- its a poison and I wouldnt be surprised to learn it is responsible for many a health problam. We are all so brain washed so go along with what has been, please read up on the subject before you assume all is well with flouride.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:16 PM

73 posts, read 307,033 times
Default Mass medication

I just wanted to add one more thing --fluoride is the only additive to ANY water supply system that treats the people and NOT the water.

If it were so valuable, why would they not pass out free pills? Most of our water is for showering, laundry, dishes, irrigation, cleaning, etc. It goes down the drain!

I have also read in some clinical studies that it has a dumbing down affect on people. It makes them a little lathargic.
Do the research!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:05 AM

38 posts, read 154,257 times
Default Fluoride May Not Be Our Friend

I've heard that water fluoridation was first used in certain concentration camps to keep the people pacified. Modern government may have the same idea in mind. It's the poor that drink tap water. It's the poor they want kept under control and not rebelling against a system that doesn't even give them adequate health care.

So there may be something to that; I'd be interested if I could find independent information that has documented the use of fluoride in concentration camp water supplies. Or it could be conspiracy theory type stuff. But if there is independent evidence (meaning not associated with pro or anti fluoride movements) on fluoride use in these camps, then we need to seriously raise an eyebrow at it being put in our water.

Health wise, it's a very bad idea to give to children. Too much fluoride actually has an opposite effect and causes bone problems. And even with the right amount, the evidence for it being beneficial is sketchy, in my opinion.

Bear in mind that it's not a vitamin or mineral. It's a chemical that your body does not need. The title of this thread being: "Is baby getting the fluoride he needs?" ... Babies don't need fluoride at all. Nobody needs it. It's not a nutrient. It's a chemical which is toxic if you get too much; that's a fact whether one is pro or anti fluoride. A better question may be: "Is baby getting too much fluoride?" And the answer is probably yes since a certain amount of fluoride is absorbed through the skin via bathing in tap water. Please please don't voluntarily put more in an infant's body unless you've thoroughly researched what you're doing and you're willing to accept the risks involved.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:35 AM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
This is just hogwash. Millions of people have fluoride in their water. The amount is so miniscule that it is not harmful.
When I was a child, before fluoridated water, I had 3-4 cavities in my teeth every 6 months. My own children, who are now in their 20's and 30's and have always had fluoridated water, have either never had a cavity, or have 1 or 2 in their whole life.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,348,616 times
Anyone up on the floride in our water supplies being deadly? [Archive] - SOHH.com Global Forum (broken link)

toolsforhealing.com Articles Database - Floride *— the Lunatic Drug

You are so right YumYum.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 AM

76 posts, read 265,277 times
my suggestion is to research. there are many reasons not to use fluoride. as far as it being safe because millions of people have fluoride... well... millions of people had phen phen, viox, and coke (in cola) for many years, and mainstream thought was it was safe, and anybody who thought otherwise was a crack pot....
just because its done by millions, does not make it safe! there is plenty of research about it on both sides of the fence. go to google scholar to read research papers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health