Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Well?
Less than once a day 0 0%
Usually once a day 16 19.28%
Usually twice a day 49 59.04%
Usually more than twice a day 18 21.69%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 11:29 PM

911 posts, read 262,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant
Morning/night - usually after meals.
Same with me... I brush probably 7 or more times a day!!

I am quite careful about what I put in my system...I only brush using water as flouride IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU,its poision!! (Not good for our Pineal Glands for one)

I used to used TOMS FLOURIDE FREE but it was CARREGEAN in it and that was casuing me problems so I dont even use that anymore either......

Sometimes I rinse with salt water also........ (Sea salt)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 07:32 AM

629 posts, read 933,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo View Post

I am quite careful about what I put in my system...I only brush using water as flouride IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU,its poision!! (Not good for our Pineal Glands for one)

I used to used TOMS FLOURIDE FREE but it was CARREGEAN in it and that was casuing me problems so I dont even use that anymore either......

Brushing 7x/day or more is bad for your teeth and gums. It can lead to gum recession and "notching" on the teeth which usually results in sensitivity and necessitating gum grafting or other procedures.

Fluoride is not poison and is probably in the water you are using to brush your teeth.

Just my $0.02 as a dentist who does a lot of gum grafting and sees this stuff on a daily basis.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:40 AM

911 posts, read 262,379 times
Well I brush so much cause I dont want the stuff I ate staying on my teeth,I am careful not to hurt my gums......

Heres some info for you about sodium flouride: The dangers of fluoride in dental products and water

Old 04-13-2018, 11:57 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,978,672 times
Fluoride is not poison. It helps to keep cavities from forming in your teeth, so you don't have to pay those nasty dentists money. That's why dentists want you to use fluoride. Oh wait, that makes dentists not so nasty, sorry.

"Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making the tooth more resistant to acid attacks from plaque bacteria and sugars in the mouth. It also reverses early decay." https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/gu...de-treatment#1

I brush after each meal with a toothpaste that has fluoride, and I also floss.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:22 PM

323 posts, read 222,155 times
Flouride helps protect your teeth. It's certainly not poison. It's only poison To children / anyone who swallow, ingests too much toothpaste.

Anyway, to answer the poll- honestly mainly once a say...it varies. Sometimes morning, sometimes night, sometimes both .

Old 04-13-2018, 12:23 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times
Once a day: After breakfast brush with paste, swish with peroxide, floss (to floss it in), rinse with water, swish one more time with peroxide, rinse. Use a cap of Listerine, swish for a short bit, rinse with water, use Dr. Tichnors straight up (capful) swish for a very short bit, floss again (to floss it in), rinse with water, use a whitening rinse, rinse with water. Brush a final time with paste (to get all the circulation back because by now my mouth is sort of numb) and top off with Act Flouride rinse, spit out, no rinse.

Breath is always minty fresh for the whole day and teeth cleaning apts go fast. I never wake up with morning breath but faithfully repeat the 10 minute process every day.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:24 PM

323 posts, read 222,155 times
Quote:

You have so many damaging ideas its sad. You are damaging your teeth by brushing so much. And I bet you could use some fluoride.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:47 AM

629 posts, read 933,827 times
Quote:
Well I brush so much cause I dont want the stuff I ate staying on my teeth,I am careful not to hurt my gums......

Heres some info for you about sodium flouride: The dangers of fluoride in dental products and water
Thanks but I'll rely on my DMD degree for my info.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:38 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Twice a day at least. I also floss, use a waterpik and use mouthwash.

And my teeth still suck

Old 05-01-2018, 05:28 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,517 times
Once a day, in the morning. Specifically, in the shower, so I tend to brush for a long time. I use an electric toothbrush and don't scrub back and forth so much as I just let the oscillation/vibration do its thing.

I gargle daily with hydrogen peroxide and water.

I floss multiple times a day.

My teeth aren't terrible, but now that I am fully entrenched in my middle-aged years, I'm paying the price of poor dental care (and too much candy and soda) in my childhood. I have 8 big molars, and currently 4 of them have crowns, with the 5th crown happening this month. Plus I've had one root canal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health