Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 04:32 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,644,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by commuter316 View Post
This thread does seem silly. So far I can gather that Denver's food scene is not as good as DC, Chicago, NYC and San Fran...ok..what the heck do you expect?

I can also gather that some people think because there are a lot of chains in Westminster that Denver is full of chains and has bad food. OK...you are already disqualified from this thread as you obviously have bad taste choosing to live in Westminster.
Thank you for finally saying this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 04:41 PM

384 posts, read 593,741 times
Where is Pancakes House?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:53 PM

443 posts, read 406,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
So you went to two restaurants and can make a judgment off of that? Sounds reasonable.

How would you feel if I did the same in Philly?
If you picked two popular restaurants in Center City, chances are very high you'd have a better meal than in Denver. That's kind of what I'm getting at.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:24 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,556,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_flembeck View Post
Where is Pancakes House?
Fargo quote?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:50 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,462,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge12 View Post
If you picked two popular restaurants in Center City, chances are very high you'd have a better meal than in Denver. That's kind of what I'm getting at.
I think it is a ridiculous statement to make after going to two restaurants in a city this big. You haven't come close to scratching the surface.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,093,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge12 View Post
Sure, it was Wendys

Denver Biscuit Company on Colfax, and some other restaurant in LoDo. These were "hipster" locals.

BTW, had a great time otherwise, absolutely love Denver and Colorado. Just don't think Denver's food scene is anything close to a larger city, there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
First of all that's what you get for listening to hipsters.

Secondly, what did you expect when you went to a restaurant that specializes in biscuits? I have never heard of this place, so I looked it up. One Yelp reviewer raved about the fact he walked in at 9:30 am and immediately got a table. Great, you're basing your opinion on a restaurant that serves primarily breakfast food on one of the busiest streets in Denver that is not busy on a Saturday morning. Probably a reason for that.

As Forest Gump might say, "It's like heaven, 'cept with biscuits."

Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM

I had never heard of it either. It has a 70% positive on Urbanspoon. Not setting the world on fire.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 PM

229 posts, read 421,641 times
Have to agree with SkyDog and davidv. As a self proclaimed "foodie" I've never heard of this place either and I grew up in Denver. That's awesome you love Denver, but I agree that it's hard to judge a city on 2 or even a few restaurants. Heck, I've been to Atlanta 6 times in the past 4 years and have yet to eat at any place other than one breakfast spot in Midtown that I thought was good, everything else was meh. Being the size it is with the cultural diversity too I realize Atlanta probably has many good eats, I just haven't been introduced to them yet but I wouldn't come out and say that the food was so-so there at this point.

Next time you come to Denver, you should check out the thread with our favorite restaurants listed just a few pages back. Some really great ones in there. Those are where I would suggest going before forming your final opinion.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM

426 posts, read 1,732,819 times
Can someone recommend some places for lunch around 16th street? I work right by Larimer Square and usually just go to lunch by myself. I tried Euclid Hall and it was good but the portion sizes were actually the smallest I've ever seen at a restaurant in my entire life, by a margin of 3 times probably.

I tried TACO and was underwhelmed. The Crepes place was good. Am thinking about trying Tom's Urban.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
Can someone recommend some places for lunch around 16th street? I work right by Larimer Square and usually just go to lunch by myself. I tried Euclid Hall and it was good but the portion sizes were actually the smallest I've ever seen at a restaurant in my entire life, by a margin of 3 times probably.

I tried TACO and was underwhelmed. The Crepes place was good. Am thinking about trying Tom's Urban.
Lucky Pie for pizza and beer. Mellow Mushroom is a similar concept and pretty good as well.
Illegal Pete's for a quick grab and go burrito (so much better than Chipotle)
9th Door for Tapas (small plates and a bit more spendy but amazing food)
The Kitchen might be my new favorite restaurant down there, but bring the expense account for that lunch.
I have heard good things about D'Corazon, but have never been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver