Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinColorado View Post
I have also been wondering about the stapleton area.. Could anyone just describe it a little bit?
Umm new build pretty much, lots of retail and new housing. Has a park and ride with just buses for now, I believe its getting light rail in the future as part of Fastracks. Fairly rough areas though close by, reflected in the reasonable pricing in the area. Too far out from the center core to think it will lead to gentrification in the nearby areas. So not a bad option for a renter working at DIA or Fitzsimmons, but I'd say its not a place most people would want to put down roots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
I've seen rentals listed on the "stapletonforrent.com" website. It's a property management company who (I assume) manages properties for homeowners who had to move, etc., and wanted to rent their places. Hope this helps!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:39 PM

25 posts, read 61,235 times
Quote:
Fairly rough areas though close by, reflected in the reasonable pricing in the area.
Man, that simply is not the reality. If anything the area is more expensive than anything you are going to find in the county, which make sense due to proximity. 500 will get you into a nice home, 400 will get you into a nice smaller home. Some places run well over a million. They do have some income qualified places too.

I talked with my friend who rents in the area today and he informed me that they are putting an offer down on a place in the next couple of weeks. They love the area, the parks, the schools which they say have the highest PTA involvement in the area, the pools, the shopping, the (really it is insane) number of kids and homes which they say are required to be built to a higher efficiency standard. The last part makes sense, I still can't get over how low their utility bills are, amazing.

Quote:
Too far out from the center core to think it will lead to gentrification in the nearby areas. So not a bad option for a renter working at DIA or Fitzsimmons, but I'd say its not a place most people would want to put down roots.
< 15 minutes to the core of downtown and chocked full of doctors with kids, put down roots? It has already happened. Gentrification has already occurred in the surrounding areas. Simply look at prices since the airport moved to counter your statement.

The place is like Highlands Ranch without the commute, the stigma or the people from California. A dream for people who went to school in Boulder to raise kids in. So far as I can see.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:02 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agerowin View Post
Man, that simply is not the reality. If anything the area is more expensive than anything you are going to find in the county, which make sense due to proximity. 500 will get you into a nice home, 400 will get you into a nice smaller home. Some places run well over a million. They do have some income qualified places too.

I talked with my friend who rents in the area today and he informed me that they are putting an offer down on a place in the next couple of weeks. They love the area, the parks, the schools which they say have the highest PTA involvement in the area, the pools, the shopping, the (really it is insane) number of kids and homes which they say are required to be built to a higher efficiency standard. The last part makes sense, I still can't get over how low their utility bills are, amazing.

< 15 minutes to the core of downtown and chocked full of doctors with kids, put down roots? It has already happened. Gentrification has already occurred in the surrounding areas. Simply look at prices since the airport moved to counter your statement.

The place is like Highlands Ranch without the commute, the stigma or the people from California. A dream for people who went to school in Boulder to raise kids in. So far as I can see.
I pretty much agree. We've been in Stapleton for 5 years now and love it. No one has moved off our block since moving in 5 years ago, and every house has kids, mostly under the age of 5--- even the gay couples lol!

I can get downtown by surface streets in 15 minutes, can get to the zoo or Science and Nature museum in 10. It's reasonable to get to everything central Denver offers, and will have a train stop eventually. I wouldn't really compare it to HR though. It's a more liberal population, traditional architecture vs. suburban architecture in HR, plus much smaller lots.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinColorado View Post
I have also been wondering about the stapleton area.. Could anyone just describe it a little bit?
It's new urbanism, if you're familiar with the term. Houses are mostly traditional architecture, garages in back on alleys, small lots, but lots of parks, trails, 3 pools so far, rec center is being built. You don't get a big yard, but all houses are near open spaces/parks. People are social, liberal leaning, tons of small kids/babies, great schools. They're building another grade school right now because of overcrowding in the current schools, so that problem should be solved by next year. We're still waiting on a secont "town center" to be built on the east end of Stapleton, but the recession has prevented it so far. Light rail to the airport will come through Stapleton in 3 years (or so), it's about 6 - 7 miles east of the center of downtown Denver. Prices are high compared to suburbs, although they've come down some. You could find a 3 bdr., 3 bath, 2000 sq. ft. home with basement, double garage, in the low $400Ks. There are some rental homes, but I only know of one near our house, so rentals aren't that common.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:51 PM

121 posts, read 313,990 times
Are there apartment rentals? That is what I meant to put. We DONT want to live in a house the first year. We have lived on 10 acres for many many many years and we want a break from yardwork for at least a year ;-)

So what are the names of the Apartments in Stapleton?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:01 PM

34 posts, read 75,714 times
Thanks for all of the insights into the Stapleton area.. sounds like a good spot. I have been curious for a while about this area.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRenee View Post
Are there apartment rentals? That is what I meant to put. We DONT want to live in a house the first year. We have lived on 10 acres for many many many years and we want a break from yardwork for at least a year ;-)

So what are the names of the Apartments in Stapleton?
There are apartments, but not many at all. Check out stapletondenver.com for info. There's one complex right next to the town center (great location) and I forgot the name. You could also find a condo rental, which is probably more common than apartments here. The houses have little yardwork... I can mow all my grass in 12 min., and I have a corner lot.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
I drove by the area today on the way to the airport. Went up Quebec from the nasty part of E Colfax. Kind of startling how bad looking the area just across the street from town center is on the other side of Quebec. Plus the area south of it isn't the best kept and probably would seem a bit daunting at night for most. It really is a pocket of high end among some pretty bad stuff. I am guessing you could just close your eyes (hopefully while not driving) and just race over to the nearest freeway on-ramp and pretend all this isn't close by, but it would bother me to pay a premium price for this location.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:06 AM

121 posts, read 313,990 times
Willy THANKS SO MUCH! That is what I mean in all my post. I want to make sure if we do venture out at night we are ok with driving through town to get home. We are coming up the last week in July. Thanks for being honest. The more I'm researching the more I'm thinking Stapleton isn't for us. I also heard the kids there are opting to go to the Denver Green School because of over crowding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver