Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM

121 posts, read 314,013 times

Advertisements

We are still looking all over there Denver area and came upon this town. A good commute for my husband and it seems to be a nice area (haven't seen it in person yet just one line).

The school district is Emerald Elementary.

Any takers on telling me about this one ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 PM

151 posts, read 397,549 times
I would rate Broomfield in the upper portion of Denver suburbs. It's close to Denver and Boulder, has a massive new shopping development anchored by Flatirons Crossing, and has decent schools overall (don't know about that one in particular). But within Broomfield it still can be hit or miss.

It's going to be fairly cookie cutter up there, lots of newer houses built in the 90s.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:46 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
All I really know is this: Broomfield became a consolidated city and county about 8 years ago as parts of the city were in Jefferson, Adams, Boulder and Weld county. When the switch was made, the school districts remained the same. That means students in Broomfield go to school in 4 different school districts. Moving around in the city might mean you child will end up in an entirely different district.

Parts of Broomfield that are:
1. West of Sheridan Blvd and south of 120th attend Jefferson County schools
2. West of Sheridan Blvd and north of 120th attend Boulder Valley schools
3. East of Sheridan Blvd and north of 120th, but south of State Hwy 7 attend Adams 12 Five Star schools
4. North of State Hwy 7 attend schools in Weld County (Erie and Frederick?)

Emerald Elementary is in BVSD, which I think is the best overall district. Jeffco schoools would be second.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:19 PM

151 posts, read 397,549 times
If that's the case (and I'm sure you're correct David), avoid anything in Adams 12.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 PM

I keep hearing to avoid Adams, wonder why?

Ok so is Boulder District as good as Cherry Creek.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
All I really know is this: Broomfield became a consolidated city and county about 8 years ago as parts of the city were in Jefferson, Adams, Boulder and Weld county. When the switch was made, the school districts remained the same. That means students in Broomfield go to school in 4 different school districts. Moving around in the city might mean you child will end up in an entirely different district.

Parts of Broomfield that are:
1. West of Sheridan Blvd and south of 120th attend Jefferson County schools
2. West of Sheridan Blvd and north of 120th attend Boulder Valley schools
3. East of Sheridan Blvd and north of 120th, but south of State Hwy 7 attend Adams 12 Five Star schools
4. North of State Hwy 7 attend schools in Weld County (Erie and Frederick?)

Emerald Elementary is in BVSD, which I think is the best overall district. Jeffco schoools would be second.
Broomfield is actually in five school districts. The first three above, plus St. Vrain and Brighton.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:49 PM

I would say that Boulder and Cherry Creek are the two best overall districts. Broomfield High School is a good/very good High School when compared to others in the state. However, in the BVSD context it is one of the lower performing schools. It is not as good as Boulder HS, Niwot HS (Niwot), Monarch HS (Louisville) or Fairview HS (Boulder). Those schools would be considered excellent. Legacy HS (Broomfield/Adams 12) is actually about as good as Broomfield HS.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Broomfield is actually in five school districts. The first three above, plus St. Vrain and Brighton.
Thanks. I didn't know where the Weld County kids went to school.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:53 PM

Down here our districts are clear cut and all together. They aren't as confusing at this haha! I hope I get all this correct in my head.

Does anyone know if the commute to Northern Commerce City is ok?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I would say that Boulder and Cherry Creek are the two best overall districts. Broomfield High School is a good/very good High School when compared to others in the state. However, in the BVSD context it is one of the lower performing schools. It is not as good as Boulder HS, Niwot HS (Niwot), Monarch HS (Louisville) or Fairview HS (Boulder). Those schools would be considered excellent. Legacy HS (Broomfield/Adams 12) is actually about as good as Broomfield HS.
Niwot High School is in St. Vrain SD. Sorry to be so picky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver