Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:08 AM
WiW

167 posts, read 577,749 times

Advertisements

I don't have any recommendations, but am in a similar situation. Look for some of my threads to get input from the community. We're visiting next month to check out the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealansanders View Post
I think you are being sold a bill of goods here. None of the places mentioned west of town are within 45 minutes of the airport at any time except maybe 3 am on a day with no weather and only then if you are willing to break the speed limit.
I can get to DIA in 45 min. from Louisville w/o speeding.

From city hall in Louisville:

709 Main St, Louisville, CO 80027 to Denver International Airport, Denver, CO 80249 - Google Maps

Old 08-23-2010, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 7,764 times
One hour? I can see I'll keep stretching the radius to either get further into the mountains or into an area that is less congested. I'll look at Genesee, Morrison, and Lakewood. I love the suggestions...keep them coming! Thanks all.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:19 AM

54 posts, read 129,391 times
Quote:
I can get to DIA in 45 min. from Louisville w/o speeding.
If there is no traffic, which very often there is on 36 and I-70 and almost certainly on I-270 along that route. When you consider that you have around 15 minutes from the time you leave I-70 until you are at the parking garages of the airport you begin to understand just how far out there it is, a great airport none the less in my opinion, just way out there.

One hour from Genesee or Morrison is not realistic. You could easily double or more that time when it snows.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
If there is no traffic, which very often there is on 36 and I-70 and almost certainly on I-270 along that route. When you consider that you have around 15 minutes from the time you leave I-70 until you are at the parking garages of the airport you begin to understand just how far out there it is, a great airport none the less in my opinion, just way out there.

One hour from Genesee or Morrison is not realistic. You could easily double or more that time when it snows.
I have driven to DIA from Louisville many times. Even in fairly heavy traffic, it generally takes under an hour. If I'm going at the height of rush hour, I do take the tollway, which has VERY little traffic, any time.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:17 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,068 times
I just thought about it but the RTD has Express Buses that got strait from the park and rides to DIA with out allot of stops. They also have WIFI on board. I went from the Wagon Station at 120th and I25 in about 1/2 hour. How ever the last time I was in Colorado Castle Rock did not have RTD (Thanks to Dan Burgess). the closest is at Lincoln and I 25.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:37 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
Quote:
I think you are being sold a bill of goods here. None of the places mentioned west of town are within 45 minutes of the airport at any time except maybe 3 am on a day with no weather and only then if you are willing to break the speed limit.
Google maps says Morrison to DIA is 45 min (1 hr in traffic) and Golden is 40 min (55 min in traffic). However, since I am willing to bend the speed limit a little (going 70 mph in the 65 mph zones and 60-65 mph in the 55 mph zones) I get to the airport in 45 min from Ken Caryl.

If you want to talk 45 min from the front door of your house to the ticket counter, then you are talking a much smaller radius, as it can take up to 20 min to get from the Pike's Peak lot to the ticket counter.

If you want to talk snow, all bets are off (and there's a good chance the flight is delayed).

I am talking from the perspective of the normal person. From Morrison it takes about 40 min to drive from your house to the airport parking lot, assuming traffic is moving at the speed limit or slightly above.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
Also, from a train perspective, Light rail will run from Golden and to the Airport within the next few years.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 PM

The Skyride from Louisville to DIA is $11. You could google RTD to see how long it takes. The main problem with it is you are on RTD's schedule, which means you sometimes have to get there a little early. You also have to get a ride to the Park N Ride in Superior for the eastbound trip and the movie theater in Louisville westbound.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:12 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,015 times
Castle Rock is a great option but I do caution you on one thing. It is a VERY family friendly town. My wife and I do not have children and we barely get a 'hello' from most neighbors because of it. It's part of the reason why we just put our house on the market - that and we want more land.

CR has some very good restaurants that we will continue to frequent. I travel 3 weeks out of the month and the commute to DIA is not terrible - 45 to 60 min depending on traffic. I take e470 at high volume times and 225 if it's very early or late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver