Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 01:09 PM

24 posts, read 56,492 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys, we are currently thinking about moving out of AZ and we have been researching all states and cities. As you know Phoenix, Az is a hot and dry place. We have been here for 9 years, before that came from a four season place. So we don't mind coming to a place where there some snow in the winter.

I'm currently in the Kitchen remodel business. Doing Granite counter Tops. I was wondering if any one could help me understand whether if I may be able to start a new business there doing granite counter tops. Also want to know which city would be a good place to start. Coming from a different part of the world as a young child where it was absolutely a small town feeling, I reminisce the times and miss that feeling. we don't get that here in phoenix. Please help me understand how the economy is in CO, and which city might be good for a starter family, as far as growth for future, and starting and growing a small business.

How are the school districts?

how is the weekend get aways for a small vacation? any near areas that offers amusement parks,?

What would be a decent area to rent for starters. Hopefully away from the ghettos. How much can I rent a 2 bedroom apt. for?

We currently live in a 1800 sq. ft. ranch house. we paid $140,000 for.
can I buy a house in the next 2 years for around the same price and sq. ft.

Thanks guys all thoughts are appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 01:24 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Economy here is about average for the nation as a whole, and not a black hole of despair like Detroit or other really clobbered places.

Many firms here do granite. IMO, Denver area is a bit more upscale than many large industrial cities, still, opportunities are muted.

Good schools here.

Lots of places in the mountains to get away to, but most are expensive and related to skiing.

Not a lot of small town feeling here. You get that out on the plains and in some of the non-skiing mountain areas or western slope.

IMO, you'll be hard pressed find a house here for $140k.

No real ghetto's, some sketchy areas.

Discussions of rents can be found by using the search tool, as many existing threads talk about the amounts people pay.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: