Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 05:08 PM

24 posts, read 109,174 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be relocating to Denver (currently looking in the Stapleton or Westminster areas) from Las Vegas beginning of next year and I would like some insight on the Athletic/Gym/Health Clubs in Denver other than 24hr Fitness.

I want to get back into shape (gained some weight last year) and would like to know the best club to have a membership with.

In the past my membership was with 24hr Fitness but I cancel it due to the decreasing quality and the increasing monthly payments. If you think they are good quality out there please advise.

Here is what I am looking for:

1. A club not always crowded. (At Las Vegas Athletics club it was so crowded there was a wait time for the damn treadmills)
2. Up-to-date equipment, pool, sauna, and a good assortment of classes (spin yoga or water aerobics).
3. Open 24 hours
4. Where people actually work out. (I am trying to get into shape not look for a date)

Any information will be appreciated, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 02:10 PM

24 posts, read 109,174 times
Anyone please help!!

Old 11-23-2010, 02:53 PM

50 posts, read 299,851 times
Default Lifetime Fitness

If you end up in the Westminster area, I HIGHLY recommend Lifetime Fitness off 144th. (I lived near 104th and Sheridan and it only took 10 min to get there).

Top notch facilities, you can't beat it. I promise you'll love it. I visited 24Hr a couple times because it's less expensive. Lifetime is totally worth the extra money - I wasn't impressed with 24Hr at all.

Lifetime in Westminster only opened a couple years ago, so it still feels new with great equipment. The place is huge, so it feels like there are a good number of people there working out but there is also equipment available even at peak times. On rare occasions I've had to wait for a free weight bench.

They offer many different FREE group fitness classes. I recommend any class taught by Stacy (50/50 and Barbell Strength for sure). They fill up fast but are very motivating. Spin class is also great.

Free towels and lockers too.

I've been a Lifetime Member since 2005 first in Dallas and now in Denver area and am a big fan. Unfortunately, if you end up in Stapleton area there's not one very close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver