Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:40 AM

221 posts, read 525,378 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the feedback. After working tonight, I think Boulder / Cherry Creek would be on the bottom of my list. Boulder because of the atmosphere you describe, and Cherry Creek because it is not too close to any parks.

So, I think my preference is:

1) Congress / Cheesman Park
2) City Park / Uptown
3) Highlands
4) Chery Creek

All of the first three neighborhoods are much less expensive then Cherry Creek, so you get a lot for your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 07:55 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,082,515 times
Berkeley area. There is a park ( Berkeley Park) that is dog friendly and, the area is mostly single family homes. I grew up there and it is very popular and not too far to downtown. It is Northwest Denver.
I think you should at least check in to it. Might just be your cup of tea!!

Old 11-26-2010, 12:25 PM

That area doesn't seem bad either. I will be coming to visit next month. I am excited to start my new life in Denver. I am young (24, not too young) and single, so I would want to be in an area where there are some young 'folk. I have a few friends in Denver, but we will all be working different shifts.

Actually thinking about it, my dogs attempt to keep my as "un-single" as possible, LOL

ps: Does anyone have suggestions as to individual landlords in those areas? Or apartment units that would allow both my dogs (Aussies, both TDI certificates) and close to park?

Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Many apts allow pets these days. Start checking out ads on craigslist.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:43 PM

Yes, I have been checking there but nothing has caught my eye yet. I will be visiting for new years (road trip with my two Aussies from pittsburgh) , so I think that if I search then and walk, I can find something.

How does the usual rent in Denver work? Is it driven by semesters as it is in Pittsburgh?

Old 11-26-2010, 02:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
Yes, I have been checking there but nothing has caught my eye yet. I will be visiting for new years (road trip with my two Aussies from pittsburgh) , so I think that if I search then and walk, I can find something.

How does the usual rent in Denver work? Is it driven by semesters as it is in Pittsburgh?
Not so much.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not so much.
Thats perfect. Thanks!

Old 11-26-2010, 03:26 PM

115 posts, read 228,959 times
Quote:
[left]Berkeley area. There is a park ( Berkeley Park) that is dog friendly and, the area is mostly single family homes. I grew up there and it is very popular and not too far to downtown. It is Northwest Denver.
I think you should at least check in to it. Might just be your cup of tea!!

I think it is great that you like the area, but if you read the listed requirements Berkley meets almost none of his wants. I see this a lot here, people just recommend the same areas that they live in over and over with no regard to the often very specific list of wants and needs by the person asking the question.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:52 PM

556 posts, read 1,199,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blobbin View Post
Washington Park is the area around, well Washington Park. There is not much you can walk to unless you are in what is now called west washington park which is not close to the park but is close to Broadway.
the distance between broadway and wash park is about 12 blocks, so you could split the distance and be reasonably close to both. you are also not so far from s. pearl which has lots of nice restaurants. I think west wash park could fit your needs pretty well.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I now have a lot of good ideas as far as neighborhoods.. As long as I am walking distance to the park, then I will be very happy, along with restaurants / bars.

Keep the suggestions coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver